latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How to enforce member to complete intake form

Home Forums Community Forum How to enforce member to complete intake form

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Lifeischoice 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jul 14th, 2013 at 2:43 pm #53436
Lifeischoice
Username: debo

I am using the Pro version: How can I force members to complete an intake form before being able to proceed from the welcome page to other parts of the site?

It appears this is possible reading from this page http://www.s2member.com/kb/simple-shortcode-conditionals/

> Maybe you want to display certain data, but only if a User/Member has previously completed an action. Such as joining your mailing list, filling out a survey, visiting a certain Post or Page, filling in a value for a certain Profile Field, clicked a certain link, etc, etc.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 16th, 2013 at 6:34 am #53496

You’ll need to store in the db’s usermeta table, that the user submitted the form. You’ll need to create your own customization for this. Then in your conditional you’d check that value to see if he did or not, and show or not the content based on that.

The s2Member custom profile fields may work for your “intake” form as part of the registration. You can make these fields required, so he won’t even be able to register if he doesn’t fill out those fields you want. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields[/hilite]

I hope that helps.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 16th, 2013 at 12:42 pm #53519
Lifeischoice

Thanks Christian..will need more of a step by step to be able to display certain data, but only if a User/Member has previously completed an action. Such as filling out a survey, visiting a certain Post or Page, filling in a value for a certain Profile Field, clicked a certain link, etc, etc.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 16th, 2013 at 7:56 pm #53536

You’ll probably need a customization to achieve it, then. If you don’t know how to code it yourself, you can find a freelancer in sites like jobs.wordpress.net, odesk.com or elance.com.

Posted: Friday Jul 19th, 2013 at 5:40 pm #53696
Lifeischoice

Can you at least tell me which shortcode conditional to use? and how that works?

Posted: Saturday Jul 20th, 2013 at 7:45 am #53726

Can you at least tell me which shortcode conditional to use? and how that works?

Shortcode conditionals are explained here: Knowledge Base » Simple Shortcode Conditionals

display certain data, but only if a User/Member has previously completed an action. Such as filling out a survey, visiting a certain Post or Page, filling in a value for a certain Profile Field, clicked a certain link, etc, etc.

The thing here is how you check those things. Are you storing somewhere that the user filled out a survey, visited a post/page or clicked a certain link? You’ll need to have this somewhere to query it when doing your condition. And you’d need PHP conditionals instead of shortcode.

You can check if the user filled out a certan profile field using [hilite mono]get_user_field[/hilite]. See: http://www.s2member.com/codex/stable/s2member/api_functions/package-functions/#src_doc_get_user_field()

Posted: Saturday Jul 20th, 2013 at 2:15 pm #53735
Lifeischoice

Is this question beyond the scope of providing an example similar to the other examples on the same page? I am able to follow the other examples.

Posted: Sunday Jul 21st, 2013 at 6:55 am #53755

Which specific conditional would you like an example of? The ones that are documented and I linked to, have examples in the documentation. If you tell me which specific conditional, I could likely give you a specific example for it.

The ones I mentioned require custom code, I’m afraid I can’t help much with. Like I said, you’d need to be storing somewhere (probably usermeta table in the database) that the user did this or that, so you can query it later for your conditionals. If you need these and don’t know how to code them yourself, then it’d be better that you get help from a freelancer.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 24th, 2013 at 6:13 am #53978
Lifeischoice

Thanks Cristian…do you mind asking Jason for help on this?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.