latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How to have a paypal page w/o registration

Home Forums Community Forum How to have a paypal page w/o registration

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jan 14th, 2013 at 1:34 pm #37496

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jan 14th, 2013 at 2:23 pm #37506
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

I’m sorry, I’m not sure I understand the question. Can you please re-phrase? Thanks!

Posted: Monday Jan 14th, 2013 at 2:39 pm #37511

Hi jason,

See I want to redirect my client after successful login to directly the paypal payment page.
I know how to use redirect page option from s2member plugin but I’m not sure how to create a paypal page with no registration fields.
Can you help me in this?

Regards,
Thomas

Posted: Monday Jan 14th, 2013 at 2:44 pm #37514
Staff Member

Thanks for your reply :-)

So upon logging into your site, you want to redirect the user immediately to PayPal.com. Is that correct?

Posted: Monday Jan 14th, 2013 at 2:50 pm #37516

Jason,

I want to redirect to a page where we can take the payment details from the user just like the payment details, we’re asking on http://www.ferie.nu/Club-Tilmeld/. Please note that on that page I don’t want to ask the user their username , password etc again.

So, is it possible?

Posted: Monday Jan 14th, 2013 at 3:34 pm #37521
Staff Member

Thanks for your reply :-)

OK. So as I understand it, you want to receive payment, but you don’t want a customer to actually become a user of your site, you just want them to gain access to something specific.

Most s2Member Pro Forms are designed to make a public visitor, a Member of your site (e.g. you are not just asking them to pay for something, you are also giving them an account at your site). We refer to this as Membership Functionality, and this is s2Member’s primary objective as a plugin overall.

However, s2Member does provide an additional layer of functionality, called “Specific Post/Page Access”, and this does NOT make a customer a Member of your site (e.g. no registration details during checkout).

Please see: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Specific Post/Page Access Restrictions
See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Specific Post/Page (Buy Now) Forms

There is a video tutorial here that may assist you.
Video » s2Member (Specific Posts/Pages)

Please let us know if problems persist :-)

Posted: Tuesday Jan 15th, 2013 at 10:31 pm #37698

Thanks Jason, let me clarify my requirement once again:

1. Once the user is logged in successfully, he/she must be redirected to payment page.
2. Payment page will be accessible to only those who’re already a member of this site., not to everyone.
3. Also, please let me know that how can I create a payment/paypal page where I will take payment information from a user.

please let me know if there is any difficulty in understanding the requirement now.

Posted: Wednesday Jan 16th, 2013 at 6:48 am #37712

Correction:

Its only new users thats need to be redirected to the payment site for payment to become a full member of the site.
excisting members don’t need to be redirected to the payment site! :)

Posted: Thursday Jan 17th, 2013 at 12:50 pm #37893
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

1. Once the user is logged in successfully, he/she must be redirected to payment page.

What you’re referring to is what s2Member would consider a Billing Modification.

If you’re using Pro Forms, you’ll want to use a Billing Modification Form, which upgrades an existing User/Member to Membership Level #1, 2, 3, 4 (whatever you like). A Pro Form for Billing Modifications will not work unless an existing User/Member is logged in, and that’s what you’re describing here. It’s fine if they’re not paying you yet, s2Member is still Modifying them, and we are not registering someone new in this case.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Billing Modification Forms

2. Payment page will be accessible to only those who’re already a member of this site., not to everyone.

You would protect this Page using s2Member’s Page Restrictions, and require Membership Level #1, or whatever you require in order to access this Page that contains your Pro Form for Billing Modifications. This way it’s not available for public access, an existing User/Member must be logged in before they access it.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Page Access Restrictions

3. Also, please let me know that how can I create a payment/paypal page where I will take payment information from a user.

The instructions I provided above should get you there. As for the redirection itself, you will need to get creative, because you need to do this conditionally (i.e. only redirect if they are NOT a paying customer yet).

Here Is One Idea For You (Multiple Login Welcome Pages)

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Login Welcome Page
Use one of s2Member’s Replacement Codes here, and type your own Login Welcome Page URL.

Now create Login Welcome Pages for each Membership Level you’re selling (including Membership Level #0, for Free Subscribers). For instance, you might have the following Pages.

http://www.example.com/0-account-page

This Page would contain the Pro Form for Billing Modifications, along with any other details you’d like to publish on this Page. So this is the redirection page you were asking for. This is where a new Free Subscriber would be taken, upon logging into your site (if they are still at Membership Level #0, a Free Subscriber).

http://www.example.com/1-account-page

This is the Login Welcome Page for paying customers that are at Membership Level #1. Put whatever you like here. For instance, links to the content that is available them; now that they’re a paying customer.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.