latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How to hide my S2Member site behind static pg

Home Forums Community Forum How to hide my S2Member site behind static pg

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 23rd, 2012 at 12:31 pm #22875

Greetings,

We are late with our roll-out and we need to put up a static page that visitors to our domain will see while we complete the work on our S2MemberPro site. The page can just be simple HTML with our header/banner, a text announcement, and an email link.

Can anyone suggest an easy and simple way to do this in a way that doesn’t interfere with the operability / functionality of our S2MemberPro site which we will be building and testing behind this temporary welcome page?

Thank you all.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 23rd, 2012 at 12:43 pm #22879
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Charles,

Have you tried the WP Maintenande Mode plugin?

Posted: Thursday Aug 23rd, 2012 at 12:53 pm #22883

Greetings Eduan. Thank you for your response.

No, I have not tried that plugin. Do you feel it will “play well” with S2MemberPro so that I can continue building and testing as an Admin behind the public page?

Thank you.

Posted: Thursday Aug 23rd, 2012 at 1:24 pm #22886
Eduan

Hello Charles,

Yes, it has been tested (also by Jason [lead developer])and it works correctly, the only problem is that you won’t be able to test access without deactivating it, if the user isn’t an admin this plugin won’t allow them to access the content. Just something to keep in mind.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Aug 23rd, 2012 at 1:45 pm #22889

Thank you. We will download the plugin and give it a try.

Posted: Thursday Aug 23rd, 2012 at 2:13 pm #22892

Eduan,

I tried that plugin, and I’m having some trouble configuring it to do what I need it to do (and the lack of English-language documentation isn’t helping). Any input you can offer for how to put my own HTML and images into the maintenance page? If not, any other ideas on how to accomplish what I’m looking to do?

Thank you sir.

Posted: Thursday Aug 23rd, 2012 at 3:10 pm #22899

Eduan,

I have just tried another plugin (The Ultimate Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode
Plugin) by SeedProd http://www.seedprod.com/ . Curious is you have any compatibility knowledge regarding this plugin and S2MemberPro. Thank you.

Posted: Thursday Aug 23rd, 2012 at 3:25 pm #22903
Eduan

Hello Charles,

No I don’t have any experience with those plugins, the best you can do is simply test them, make sure they don’t interfere with s2Member, if they do, you would probably get an error notice, or something wouldn’t work right, so it’s all about testing.

Sorry I’m not able to help any further. :/

Posted: Thursday Aug 23rd, 2012 at 3:28 pm #22904

No problem. Thank you Eduan.

Posted: Thursday Aug 23rd, 2012 at 5:03 pm #22908
Eduan

No problem. :)

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.