latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How to hide page titles not just page content

Home Forums Community Forum How to hide page titles not just page content

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Josey T 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Aug 6th, 2013 at 9:11 pm #55334
Josey T
Username: fr35ht

I need S2 to hide page titles from those members not permitted to see the content.
i.e. i don’t want the titles of protected pages showing up anywhere for those without suitable access level.
Gave up on this a few months back but coming back now to see if anyone can figure out how to do this.
Good luck all!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 8th, 2013 at 4:36 am #55400
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

I need S2 to hide page titles from those members not permitted to see the content.
i.e. i don’t want the titles of protected pages showing up anywhere for those without suitable access level.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The way to accomplish this is with custom menus in WordPress. I actually just did this yesterday for a test site, so I can tell you that it’s not too complicated.

If you check out this section of the Dashboard, you’ll see that you can make custom menus:

Dashboard -› Appearance -› Menus

What you’ll have to do is edit your theme’s header.php file (probably) and look for the call to wp_nav_menu(). You can then use s2Member’s Advanced PHP Conditionals to decide which navigation menu to show based on if the User is logged in or their membership level. Here’s some documentation on these things:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_nav_menu
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced PHP Conditionals

I’m sorry if that’s not clear enough. If it’s not, there’s some sample for code in this thread:

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/doing-things-with-menus-based-on-member-level/#lead-topic-7626

Posted: Thursday Aug 8th, 2013 at 7:17 am #55417
Josey T
Username: fr35ht

Thanks Bruce!

I’ll give it a try and let you know how i get on!

Thanks again for your detailed response!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.