latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How to place custom editable fields randomly

Home Forums Community Forum How to place custom editable fields randomly

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 12 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jan 12th, 2013 at 4:43 pm #37182
galtman
Username: viralshot

[s2Get user_field="user_field" /] works great for displaying a particular user field that has already been filled in.
What short code can be used to display a field so the member can enter data into the field?

In other words, I don’t want the entire users profile in one long set of fields. I want a page that looks something like this:

Page information / content……….
[user data field 1 here] <———————What short code could be entered to have a user editable field here?
More page information and content……
[user data field 2 here] <——————— What short code could be entered to have a user editable field here?
[user data field 3 here] <——————— What short code could be entered to have a user editable field here?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Jan 13th, 2013 at 4:13 am #37225
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry.

~ We appreciate your patience :-)

I’m sorry but there is no shortode that displays individual Profile Fields for editing purposes. Not individually. You can use the [s2Member-Profile /] shortcode to provide a full editing panel for your Users/Members however. There is also a stand-alone version of s2Member’s profile editing panel available.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Member Profile Modifications
See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Member Profile Modifications

Posted: Sunday Jan 13th, 2013 at 10:25 am #37248
galtman
Username: viralshot

Oh oh.. I really need the capability of placing text, videos, and a few other items between member profile fields. I have a training course and it would be better to have the fields users need to edit in each section of the page that directly relates to each field (if that makes sense). Any ideas on how to accomplish this using S2member? The standard default s2member-profile short code, what is the code behind that? Any info or suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: Sunday Jan 13th, 2013 at 10:39 am #37249
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

The code for the [s2Member-Profile /] Shortcode is in this file.
/s2member/includes/classes/sc-profile-in.inc.php

There are several hooks/filters in that file you could use to inject custom snippets of your own before/after each field that is being edited. I would warn you NOT to make any changes to this file directly, because that will make it more difficult for you to upgrade your installation of s2Member in the future, as new versions are released. Instead, I suggest using the hooks/filters in that file to add what you need, if at all possible.

Please take a look at the instructions we’ve provided about how to hack s2Member :-)
Knowledge Base » Hacking s2Member® Via Hooks/Filters

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.