latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How to save Member's posts and comments

Home Forums Community Forum How to save Member's posts and comments

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Mar 8th, 2013 at 3:25 pm #44124
Minna
Username: minjabee

When members’ accounts are upgraded to a different level, are their posts and comments retained? I know that s2Member cancels the previous recurring billing profile and starts a new one, so what happens to their content?

Thanks for any help!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 12th, 2013 at 11:06 am #44370
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Minna,

I’m pretty sure their content is preserved. Testing would be the best answer though. :)

However, if the user is deleted, so is their content, and probably (maybe) the same if they downgrade to a level that doesn’t have the role of editor…

– Eduan

Posted: Tuesday Mar 12th, 2013 at 1:30 pm #44404
Minna
Username: minjabee

Thank you, Eduan. I’ve had members who had a problem with their PayPal accounts, so the recurring charges were suspended. The only way to deal with it was to delete their PayPal subscriptions and their WordPress user accounts and ask them to sign up again. None of these members have had any content — posts, comments, etc. — but I am thinking of what to do if a member does have content.

Could I save their content to a ‘holding’ account and then move it back after their new account is created?

Thanks again.

Posted: Thursday Mar 14th, 2013 at 4:06 pm #44644
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Minna, I’m afraid that you can’t really move the content, you can probably move it in the database, change the author value, but it’s really much more trouble than it’s worth I think. :/

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.