latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How to? Sync s2M Levels with WP Roles?

Home Forums Community Forum How to? Sync s2M Levels with WP Roles?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Nov 23rd, 2012 at 12:21 pm #32423

How can I set up s2Member so that s2Member levels automatically correlate to the default WordPress roles and their respective Capabilities (per the WordPress Codex)?

s2Member WordPress
———————————
Level 0 = Subscriber
Level 1 = Contributor
Level 2 = Author
Level 3 = Editor
———————————-

E.g.

So when a user registers and pays for s2Member Level 2 membership they’re automatically given the default WordPress Author Role and Capabilities on the site.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Nov 24th, 2012 at 7:37 am #32470

You’d have to edit the s2Member Level roles to add whatever capabilities those other roles have. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/user-role-editor/

And then you’d need to protect the roles so they don’t get reset after an update. Knowledge Base » Locking s2Member Roles/Capabilities

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Nov 25th, 2012 at 3:55 am #32520

Thank you for the answers and the links.

I realize most membership sites focus on access rather than WordPress default capabilities.

Now I’m dreaming of a “Role Locker” plugin that will preserve role capabilities :) But I see if I use the s2M role locking link I should be relatively safe.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  AnotherOpus.
Posted: Sunday Nov 25th, 2012 at 10:41 pm #32562

Will Justin Tadlocks “Members” Plugin work as well?

Posted: Monday Nov 26th, 2012 at 7:51 am #32582

Opus, no problem, glad I could help. :)

Kerry, I don’t understand the question, could you please explain some more what you mean? Thanks!

Posted: Monday Nov 26th, 2012 at 11:01 am #32595

The question was will Justin Tadlock’s “Members” role Plugin work for the roles capabilities as another plugin option? And the answer is yes, it does.

Posted: Tuesday Nov 27th, 2012 at 6:51 am #32677

Ah ok, cool. :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.