latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

How to upsell a membership?

Home Forums Community Forum How to upsell a membership?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jun 25th, 2012 at 6:54 pm #17427

Hi,

I have two different types of membership on my site… one is the basic one, the second is an additional membership that can only be purchased if you already have the basic membership. Second membership cannot be purchased if you don’t have membership one.

Is there a way to upsell the second membership by showing ads only to those with membership one?
Can a member have two levels of memberships at the same time?

If you have more information on how s2member handles these type of situations please let me know.

Thanks,

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jun 25th, 2012 at 11:14 pm #17443

look under API / scripting….

<?php if (current_user_is("s2member_level4")){ ?>
    Some premium content for Level 4 Members.
<?php } else if (current_user_is("s2member_level3")){ ?>
    Some premium content for Level 3 Members.
<?php } else if (current_user_is("s2member_level2")){ ?>
    Some premium content for Level 2 Members.
<?php } else if (current_user_is("s2member_level1")){ ?>
    Some premium content for Level 1 Members.
<?php } else if (current_user_is("s2member_level0")){ ?>
    Some content for Free Subscribers.
<?php } else { ?>
    Some public content.
<?php } ?>
Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 2:35 am #17480

That works perfectly Henning, thanks.

I have another issue related to this topic.

As I explained above, I’m effectively selling two memberships. The membership number two can be cancelled by a user and still maintain membership 1 status. This means any given user can have 1 or 2 memberships at the same time, and each will have its own starting date and expiration date.

To explain it better:

A user will always have membership 1, which is the base one. However users can add a membership 2 on top of the first one.

This means that a user can only have membership, however if they can only have membership 2 if they’ve already paid for membership 1.

Makes sense?

My concern is:

How can I manage having two different memberships for one single user with separate starting dates/pricing?
When a user upgrades to membership 2, I need them to fill extra fields with a bit more information. This ONLY happens when they’re upgrading to membership 2 from membership 1.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  Marco Delgado.
Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 6:15 am #17512

Hi Marco.

Levels give incremental access, so Level 2 will have access to content at Level 1 as well.

About the custom profile fields, you can specify what levels the field will be for. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields -> New/Edit Field -> Applicable Membership Levels[/hilite]

Now, you’d need to ask the user to complete his profile after he upgrades. You can use the success attribute so he’s taken to a page where you tell him to add those new fields and give a link to the profile page, or add it there with the s2Member shortcode for it.

[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes -> success[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Custom Return URLs Upon Success[/hilite]

[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Member Profile Modifications[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Member Profile Modifications[/hilite]

I hope that helps.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.