latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

I Need Help Setting Up s2Member + BuddyPress

Home Forums Community Forum I Need Help Setting Up s2Member + BuddyPress

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jul 2nd, 2012 at 6:56 pm #18114

I’m totally stumped on how to actually get all of this set up and integrated with one another. Can anyone point me to a tutorial that shows how to set up the two together?

Also, this will be a paid forum, but I have some of my past customers that will be made “Lifetime” members of the new forum, but with varying levels of access. Is there a way to manually add these in at different levels without having them go through a payment process? (Or do I need s2Member Pro to do that?)

I’m not using Paypal, by the way, I’m using a third party option: JVZoo, so if anyone has any experience with that, I would love some input!

And one final thing, how do I make the sales page for the membership be outside of the membership? Do I have to do it on a subdomain or something?

As you can probably tell, I’m not very technical. I can usually find my way through things if I have instructions, but I have been unable to find clear instructions on how to actually set up the integration of the two. (Written instructions would be awesome, so I don’t have to slog through a bunch of different videos to find all the steps.)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 3rd, 2012 at 3:13 pm #18217
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Teressa,

I believe there you may be confused a little, s2Member does not integrate with Buddypress, but it does integrate with bbPress.

If you want to integrate Buddypress with s2Member you will have to do it yourself (will require a lot of advanced knowledge) or hire a freelancer to do this for you.

You can find freelancers at sites like elance.com or jobs.wordpress.net.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Jul 4th, 2012 at 7:52 pm #18320

Not so, s2member does integrate with BuddyPress.
For example the BuddyPress sign up process can be used instead of the standard WordPress one.
There are several places where this is mentioned in the written documentation that comes with the plug-in.

For example See: s2Member -> General Options -> Registration/Profile Fields.

The documentation can be found by following the s2Member link in the dashboard.

There is a lot to get to grips with. Especially as you are using a different payment gateway. But if you read it all and spend the time you will get there.

You can configure membership levels (L0 – L4) manually for individual members via the dashboard, just go to Users and click Edit. You don’t need the Pro version for this.

Good luck.

Posted: Thursday Jul 5th, 2012 at 12:36 pm #18399
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Oh yes Ken,

Thanks for clarifying that, indeed, s2Member is compatible with BuddyPress and bbPress, but not so advanced with Buddypress, as Cristián said, I believe the only way to restrict Buddypress is with URI access restrictions, and have custom profile fields integrated with Buddypress, but that’s about it you can do with Buddypress if I’m not mistaken.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.