latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

I need to email people who join certain level

Home Forums Community Forum I need to email people who join certain level

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jul 23rd, 2012 at 2:58 am #19959

I’m going to give live Webinars, record them, and put on my membership site behind the wall…to be accessed only by the people who registered. Site is http://www.TheDBI.com.

The morning of the Webinar, I’ll need to send Webinar registrants the information they’ll need to log on. How can I send an email to these members?

Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jul 23rd, 2012 at 7:47 am #19979

Hi Peggy.

I’m going to give live Webinars, record them, and put on my membership site behind the wall…to be accessed only by the people who registered.

Do you mean registered to the webinar or your site?

The morning of the Webinar, I’ll need to send Webinar registrants the information they’ll need to log on. How can I send an email to these members?

Log on to the webinar or the site? If it’s the webinar, I’d guess your webinar software does that when they register for it, e.g. GoToWebinar.

If it’s the site, are they already members of the site or will you be giving access to protected content to users that aren’t registered to your site?

How can I send an email to these members?

From this I’m guessing they are registered to your site. I’m pretty sure that there are plugins that add the feature to email your members.

Did a couple searches and found a couple that seem like they may do this:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/mailz/
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-mass-mailer/

Posted: Monday Jul 23rd, 2012 at 12:18 pm #20000

Yes, When they register for the Webinar, they’re actually becoming a member. I’ll only want to email the people who purchased that particular course (I’m assigning different levels for each course).

Would help if s2Member allowed us to filter members and email to them accordingly.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 24th, 2012 at 7:42 am #20044

Right, but WordPress doesn’t have a feature to email users, and it’s not something s2Member adds.

What s2Member does allow is to edit the email that gets sent to the user when he registers. Not sure if that’s useful in your case. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Email Configuration -> New User[/hilite]

Another thing s2Member adds is integration with services like MailChimp or AWeber, with the option to have the person added to a different list based on the s2Member Level. Then you’d be able to mail users using those services, segmented by s2Member Level. Video » s2Member (API List Servers)

I hope that helps.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 24th, 2012 at 8:23 am #20057

Thanks Cristian, Thought about this half the night. I think I’ve figured out how to make this happen.

I need to email them for two reasons:

1) Event Reminders – The email they get when they register will have a form from Eventbrite they have to complete if they want to receive reminders of the Webinar (Eventbrite sends auto reminders so I don’t have to do anything).

2) Log-in info for Webinar – When they log into site, the page they come to will have this info. After the Webinar, the video will be on this page too.

I think this will work. The only thing I wish is that I could create a different email confirmation to the registered user for these special Webinars.
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Email Configuration -> New User
Since I can’t do that, I’ll just put a special section in this email for the Eventbrite form.

Thanks again.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 25th, 2012 at 1:24 am #20146

That sounds like a good way to do it. I’m glad you sorted it out. :)

The only thing I wish is that I could create a different email confirmation to the registered user for these special Webinars.

How are they registering for these webinars? In your site with another plugin or somewhere else with a service you got for the webinars (e.g. GoToWebinar)?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.