latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

iDevAffiliate error with trial period

Home Forums Community Forum iDevAffiliate error with trial period

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jul 23rd, 2013 at 10:14 pm #53913
Don Pezet
Username: dpezet

First, a little about my setup:
– WordPress Multisite v3.5.2
– s2Member Pro v130617
– Authorize.net is my payment processor
– iDevAffiliate Gold Edition v7.2

Most everything is working just fine, but I do have an issue I need to address. I use coupon codes to track commissions. Each affiliate is assigned a coupon code and when a customer signs up for a subscription the affiliate is awarded a 10% commission. I have tested this, and it works flawlesly for an instant sale, or a renewing subscription.

However, if I add in a trial period it no longer works. For example. if I setup a monthly subscription at $49 per month, and set it to have a 7 day free trial period like so:

[s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form level="3" ccaps="" desc="$49 USD / Monthly (recurring charge, for ongoing access)" cc="USD" custom="mydomainname.com" ta="0" tp="7" tt="D" ra="49.00" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" accept="visa,mastercard,amex,discover" coupon="" accept_coupons="1" default_country_code="US" captcha="0" /]

A user can sign up just fine. iDevAffiliate also shows a pending commission for the affiliate, however it tries to commission them on the $0.00 trial period instead of the $49 monthly fee which results in a processing error. Specifically, it says:

Check Your Cart Integration – The commission amount was less than 1 penny or the sale amount was not received.

Is there a way to make s2Member wait to notify iDevAffiliate until the credit card is actually being charged the monthly fee? Or am I going about this all wrong and there is some other way to handle this?

Thank you,

Don Pezet

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jul 24th, 2013 at 4:31 am #53958
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

I’m not totally sure on this. I’m going to contact the development team about this. I’ll get back to you ASAP.

Posted: Thursday Jul 25th, 2013 at 3:48 pm #54088
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for your patience.

We need just a little more information to diagnose your issue. Could you clarify how you integrated iDevAffiliate with s2Member? Is there is an API Tracking Code integrated with s2Member, in the API / Tracking section of your Dashboard, or is it an API Notification?

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Tracking -› Specific Post/Page Tracking Codes

If it’s an API Notification, which API Notification event is it attached to?

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications

Posted: Thursday Jul 25th, 2013 at 10:08 pm #54115
Don Pezet
Username: dpezet

Bruce,

Ah, I spotted the issue. I am using API/Tracking and I used %%initial%% for the sale amount instead of %%regular%% which is why I was getting the $0 sale. That was specifically called out in the configuration video, but apparently I wasn’t paying attention.

Thank you for your help,

Don

Posted: Thursday Jul 25th, 2013 at 10:24 pm #54117
Bruce
Staff Member

I am using API/Tracking and I used %%initial%% for the sale amount instead of %%regular%% which is why I was getting the $0 sale.

Oh okay. Thanks for the update!

Let us know if you have any other issues. :-)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.