latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

idevaffiliate notification tracking question

Home Forums Community Forum idevaffiliate notification tracking question

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jun 21st, 2013 at 6:53 pm #52347
RossGrant
Username: RossGrant

Hi guys!

Sorry to bring this issue up again, I thought I had sorted it, but i obviously haven’t.

I moved away from the generic tracking pixel a few months back and integrated the cURL for API notifications for my iDev install.

Regular commissions are working fine, but an original recurring payment (that was first set up in the generic tracking pixel days) has gone through today and generated NO COMMISSION.

I think I may no why, but I just need a bit of help.

My current notification URL for payment notifications is this:

http://www.mysite.com/idevaffiliate/sale.php?idev_saleamt=%%amount%%&idev_ordernum=%%txn_id%%&ip_address=%%user_ip%%

No that is tracking:

Sale amount
Transaction ID from PayPal
IP Address.

Now looking at the original commission that was generated for this referral, I don’t see the user’s IP recorded, so I’m guessing that idev couldn’t match anything, thus no commission was created.

The commission record in idev shows the sale amount, Order number which is the PayPal recurring PROFILE ID (NOT TRANSACTION ID), but no other tracking ID’s or IP address records.

So for all OLD transactions, I am not going to get any future commissions generated unless I change the notification cUrl.

I noticed in your KB article that you now give out a very long URL to use which looks like this:

http://www.example.com/idevaffiliate/sale.php?profile=xxx&idev_saleamt=%%amount%%&idev_ordernum=%%txn_id%%&idev_option_1=%%item_name%%&idev_option_2=%%subscr_id%%&idev_option_3=%%cv0%%&ip_address=%%user_ip%%

Now this has 3 options and one is called ‘subscriber ID’. Is that the PayPal recurring payment profile ID?

If so, that’s what I will need to trigger future commissions.

Can I use that URL as it is, with ALL 3 options for order number and does it make sense that only using my limited URL is my problem?

Lastly the part that says profile=xxx at the start of the above URL – where do I get my own number for that part. I can’t find it in idev – am I supposed to replace the xxx?

Hopefully this will finally iron out this last kink with recurring commissions on my install.

Thanks guys, really appreciate it.

Ross :)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jun 22nd, 2013 at 6:59 pm #52395

I’m going to ask Jason about this, since I’m not familiar enough with iDev to answer your questions. I’ll let you know when I hear back from him. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.