latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

IE 9 compatibility

Home Forums Community Forum IE 9 compatibility

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Mar 12th, 2013 at 5:58 pm #44427
Stuart Giles
Username: Juggy69

Hello,

When using IE9 for the link below
https://www.youracp.org/?page_id=906&s2-ssl=yes
The “apply Coupon” button works on compatibility mode or not
When you select the card type the “Submit” button doesn’t work unless you change the IE9 compatibility mode

I have installed
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ie9-mode/installation/
This made no difference

Any advice greatly appreciated

Regards

Stuart

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 1:45 am #44450
TJ
Username: wellwater

It looks like the plugin you’re using inserts the following meta tag:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9">

I’ve read about folks saying it doesn’t work as good as putting it in .htaccess.

Here’s what I copied out of HTML5 Boilerplate’s .htaccess:

# ----------------------------------------------------------------------
# Better website experience for IE users
# ----------------------------------------------------------------------

# Force the latest IE version, in various cases when it may fall back to IE7 mode
#  github.com/rails/rails/commit/123eb25#commitcomment-118920
# Use ChromeFrame if it's installed for a better experience for the poor IE folk

<IfModule mod_headers.c>
  Header set X-UA-Compatible "IE=Edge,chrome=1"
  # mod_headers can't match by content-type, but we don't want to send this header on *everything*...
  <FilesMatch "\.(appcache|crx|css|eot|gif|htc|ico|jpe?g|js|m4a|m4v|manifest|mp4|oex|oga|ogg|ogv|otf|pdf|png|safariextz|svg|svgz|ttf|vcf|webm|webp|woff|xml|xpi)$">
    Header unset X-UA-Compatible
  </FilesMatch>
</IfModule>

You may want to disable that plugin, and stick the above in your .htaccess (above your wordpress and s2member) mod_rewrite rules.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 3:56 am #44452
Stuart Giles

Hi TJ,

Thanks for the info have tested this and it still makes no difference except the compatibilty option in IE has now gone and the submit button is constantly white and will not work?

Regards

Stuart

Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 1:53 pm #44509
Stuart Giles

I have set IE9 to use all websites in compatibility mode via tools menu and that works as a temp fix but i need to for the site to run in this any ideas?

Posted: Thursday Mar 14th, 2013 at 10:06 am #44610

Hi Stuart.

What you’re reporting is not common although we have many site owners using the pro-forms with coupons and their visitors using IE9 without this problem. There must be something in your site causing it.

Diid you try everything here? Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Posted: Thursday Mar 14th, 2013 at 2:54 pm #44638
Stuart Giles

It us always the same response check theme disable all plugins etc

I know it is probably the theme, i am look for more general support with it cos as mentioned it works in compatibility mode

Regards

Stuart

Posted: Sunday Mar 17th, 2013 at 9:25 pm #45020
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue. We are very sorry for the delay.

I know it is probably the theme, i am look for more general support with it cos as mentioned it works in compatibility mode

We’ve seen this particular problem before, and discovered its root cause is with an Internet Explorer limitation with paragraph (<p>) tags and s2Member’s Pro Forms. See this post for an explanation:

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/pro-form-buy-now-button-not-working-in-ie9/

Posted: Monday Mar 18th, 2013 at 4:12 pm #45073
Stuart Giles

Hi Bruce,

Ok i have found this rogue “” by viewing the source on line 736

So the next question is how do i remove it, as this page is purley the s2member shortcode for the pro forms?

Regards

Stuart

Posted: Monday Mar 18th, 2013 at 4:29 pm #45076
Stuart Giles

Tis ok i have fixed it

js_composer plugin was causing the tag issue

Regards

Stuart

Posted: Wednesday Mar 20th, 2013 at 4:01 am #45200

Thanks for the update, Stuart. I’m glad you fixed it. :)

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.