latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

If I change my monthly fee – question

Home Forums Community Forum If I change my monthly fee – question

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Astra Spider 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Apr 15th, 2012 at 12:54 pm #10846

Hi! Right now I have my membership site PayPal button set to free for the first 14 days, and then $19.95 a month.

On June 1st I plan to raise the monthly fee to $29.97 per month – if I do this, can my current members remain locked in to the smaller fee? I want to make sure as many people who want to can get in on the ground floor of my pricing and keep that fee for as long as they are members. I’d like to advertise it like this and I want to make sure that is actually how it will happen.

Then, come June 1st, anyone who signs up that day or afterwards will be at the $29.97 monthly price point – and I would change the PayPal button settings accordingly.

Thank you for your help on this!
Astra

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Apr 15th, 2012 at 11:07 pm #10868
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

This is all handled by Paypal. When s2member sets up the paypal subscription, they are locked in at that price unless you specifically modify their subscription. So your members should continue to pay the price they always have when you raise your prices.

This should all work the way you want out of the box. :)

Dave

Posted: Monday Apr 16th, 2012 at 12:11 am #10870

SWEET! Thanks Dave!! I am glad you are here, you are a helpful soul. :) And now, onward with my plan!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.