latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

I'm new and totally lost.

Home Forums Community Forum I'm new and totally lost.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jun 23rd, 2013 at 9:41 pm #52448
robert davis
Username: Rob1020

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jun 26th, 2013 at 3:00 am #52581
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

I’m very sorry about the delay in response!

1. Is creating a Login Welcome Page really needed for me. I just want the students to log in and return to the same page they logged in. I understand allowing people to log in and see things they have purchased and stuff like that, but I just want them to log in and return to the same page. To me, since they are all either free or assigned to one course, why redirect them away from a course page to go to another page and then go back to the course page?

A Login Welcome Page is necessary any time you’re using s2Member. There doesn’t have to be anything special on that Page, you could probably just put up a Page that says “Thanks, you’re now logged-in” and that would be fine. If you’d rather redirect back to Post/Page the User came from that’s possible too, but you’ll have to either use the Pro Login Widget, or set up your set up your login form to do that.

2. The Membership Options Page- I don’t understand how to set that up with free content levels. I’ve watched the video on adding PayPal buttons, but since I’m not charging for content, do I still place the button on the membership page. And if I understand correctly, the membership option page will only come up if students try to click on content they aren’t registered for, then it redirects them there- right?

If you’re setting up free levels, you wouldn’t use PayPal buttons, but instead set up Free Registration Pro Forms for this. I think that’s what you’re asking for:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms

Also, there is a video on how to change code to make levels free, but it does not tell me what to do with the code after I’ve changed it. Where do I put it?

In s2Member any level can be free, you just have to provide access to it that way. You can change the level a User signs up on with the level attribute of your Free Registration Pro Form.

3. The registration page has a set of first name, last name, password, confirm password at the top AND the bottom.

That’s interesting. Are you talking about the registration Page at /wp-login.php?action=register? Can you provide a screenshot?

These are just the first few problems, other things such as restricting level 2 to free content and level 2 content (but no access to level one) I haven’t even tried to contemplate.

The only way to protect multiple sections of content without overlap would be to use Custom Capabilities or Shortcode Conditionals. These should help clear up what that means:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Custom Capabilities
Knowledge Base » Simple Shortcode Conditionals

Posted: Wednesday Jun 26th, 2013 at 3:01 am #52582
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

To get started with s2Member, I would first suggest coming up with the way that you’re going to protect your content, and move on from there. Based on what you’ve put forth so far, I’d say the best way to accomplish what you’re looking for is to use Custom Capabilities.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.