latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Import configuration – Error (live to test)

Home Forums Community Forum Import configuration – Error (live to test)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday May 6th, 2012 at 8:31 am #12759
alancheuk
Username: alancheuk

Hi, I am a pro customer, and am having trouble transferring the options from the live server to my local test server. I tried searching this forum and google, but could not find the solution.

What I did was on the live server:

go to the s2Member / Import Export / download serialized export file

save the file locally

Then on the local test server:

go to the s2Member / Import Export / upload your serialized export file

point to the file saved earlier.

I get the message:

The following errors were encountered during importation:

Invalid data received. Please try again.

Is there a weird character in the file? What should I look for? I tried exporting/importing within the test server and that was fine. It’s just importing configuration from the live server to the test server that causes the error.

Thanks!
Alan

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday May 7th, 2012 at 5:42 pm #12843

Hi Alan. Is your “CSV File Preference” set to Default for re-importation?

If so, could you email the CSV file so I take a look? It doesn’t need to have all the rows, just the first few is fine too. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Wednesday May 9th, 2012 at 11:35 am #13056
alancheuk

It’s not a CSV file (as it is for members) but a semi colon delimited file (it’s the config options file). It looks like the form requires I send my wordpress credentials. I’d really rather not.

Posted: Wednesday May 9th, 2012 at 4:16 pm #13083

Oh, the Options Export, I thought you were talking about the Users one.

I just downloaded an export file and then imported it back in, and it worked fine.

Operation complete. Options imported.

Could you try once more? Export the file and the import it right then. Please let me know if that works.

Posted: Sunday May 13th, 2012 at 10:20 am #13339
alancheuk

Okay I found a workaround. It’s some sort of file encoding issue. The text export file is encoded strangely on the server. As a work around, I opened the file in Text Wrangler, copied the text, and pasted it into an export file from the local machine, then imported it. Seems to work.

Posted: Sunday May 13th, 2012 at 3:19 pm #13344

Great! Thanks for the update. I’m glad you solved it. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.