latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Import CSV > Should column titles have quotes

Home Forums Community Forum Import CSV > Should column titles have quotes

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cyane Tornatzky 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Apr 24th, 2013 at 12:46 pm #48295

Hello –

I exported a CSV from s2Member, copied and pasted data into the columns already listed in the exported CSV and made sure cells have double quotes.

Two questions:

1. (Kinda dumb but): Should the column titles also have quotes? Like ID (or “ID”) or Email (“Email”)?

2. I have a column of dates e.g. 11/14/09 – do those also need quotes? And if so how can I add the quotes to the dates column. If I try and convert like I did the text, it bungs up the dates. I’ve looked around for an answer online but none seem to work. I’m really hoping they just don’t need quotes!

Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Apr 24th, 2013 at 11:07 pm #48326
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

2. I have a column of dates e.g. 11/14/09 – do those also need quotes? And if so how can I add the quotes to the dates column. If I try and convert like I did the text, it bungs up the dates. I’ve looked around for an answer online but none seem to work. I’m really hoping they just don’t need quotes!

To import Users you should ensure that all data fields are properly encapsulated by double-quotes, and separated by commas, as detailed here:

Knowledge Base » Import (or Mass Update) Users

That being said, s2Member should be able to parse non-encapsulated values, as long as they do not contain commas. I just tried this in a test installation and it seems to work just fine, but you may run into issues with this if you try anything too fancy. I’d recommend using quotes whenever possible.

Posted: Monday May 6th, 2013 at 12:50 pm #49271

thank you!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.