latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Import Error Message: No data was received

Home Forums Community Forum Import Error Message: No data was received

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Mar 11th, 2013 at 11:15 am #44263
LG
Username: lg

Hello,
I’m trying to import about 300 users into our site. We have migrated from a different user account plugin. I have an excel file with the following headers:
ID Username Password First Name Last Name Display Name Email Website Level Custom Capabilities Registration Date First Payment Date Last Payment Date Auto-EOT Date

When I try to import I get the following message:
“The following errors were encountered during importation:

No data was received. Please try again.”

Please help. Urgent.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Mar 11th, 2013 at 5:29 pm #44282
LG

As a test I exported my users 4 test users (created manually in s2) and tried to imported them using the same export file and I got the same message.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 11:03 am #44492

Hi LG.

I couldn’t reproduce this, it seems to be particular to your installation. Could you do the test suggested in this article? Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Thanks. :)

Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 12:11 pm #44499
LG

Can you give me an example of what should work? I tried using the example in the plugin’s layout but when copy and paste the data or import the data from the a file using the example as a guide line nothing imports and no data is found.

Posted: Friday Mar 15th, 2013 at 6:19 pm #44783
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up.

Can you give me an example of what should work? I tried using the example in the plugin’s layout but when copy and paste the data or import the data from the a file using the example as a guide line nothing imports and no data is found.

It sounds like there may be a configuration error on your server, or a problem with the encoding type for your .csv files. The only way we can tell for sure is to run tests. Could you please send us login info and the file that you originally tried to upload through our Private Contact Form?

See: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.