latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Import fails if no email address

Home Forums Community Forum Import fails if no email address

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  bigdata 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Feb 7th, 2012 at 9:02 pm #4406
Jon Brehaut
Username: gardener

s2Member Pro: Import function

Some of our current members do not have, or have not given us, email addresses, yet they may want to log in to the site through a third party terminal. So I want to add them to our s2member database, but the empty email field generates an error message and that record is not imported.

Does anyone know how to disable the requirement for the email address at least temporarily?

TIA.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Mar 14th, 2012 at 10:36 am #8111
Danny Albeck
Username: dalbeck

I am also looking for a way to import users without email addresses.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 14th, 2012 at 10:57 am #8112
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

I believe the e-mail address is a requirement of WordPress itself. So you have to have some sort of valid e-mail in order for wordpress to work correctly.

My suggestion is to add a “fake” email for anyone who doesn’t have one in your list. You can do this fairly easily in excel with an if function.

I would do for any email that is blank, just enter an progressively increasing email like “fake_email_1@yoursite.com”.

That way everyone would have an email in the system but they wouldn’t have to update it unless they wanted to.

Hope that helps,

Dave

Posted: Tuesday Jun 18th, 2013 at 7:27 pm #52160
bigdata
Username: ffawebmgr

Wordpress does not require an email:
Codex wp_create_user

This appears to be an artificial restriction of the s2 import.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.