latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Import members who don't have an account

Home Forums Community Forum Import members who don't have an account

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Feb 27th, 2012 at 2:25 pm #6520
Sacha Greif
Username: sachag

Here’s my situation. I recently redesigned a site that was using S2Member. While I was redesigning locally, the database got out of date as new users kept signing up on the old site.

I stupidly didn’t realize it early enough, so now the new site is missing some users that have signed up recently.

I’d like to export users from the old site and import them into the new site, but I got an error saying that the users didn’t exist (“Line #4. User ID# 100 does NOT belong to an existing User.”)

So what can I do? Am I supposed to import the users another way first, and then run the import script? Is there any guide on this somewhere?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Feb 27th, 2012 at 5:01 pm #6563

Hi Sasha.

Remove their user IDs, so s2Member creates new accounts instead of trying to modify the specified one.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Monday Feb 27th, 2012 at 5:03 pm #6567
Sacha Greif
Username: sachag

I assume you mean remove their IDs form the CSV? I should’ve thought of that… Since the issue was pretty urgent I ended up recreating accounts manually for each subscriber to be sure :(

Oh well, hopefully this thread will help somebody else!

Posted: Monday Feb 27th, 2012 at 5:15 pm #6577

Sorry about that. :/

At least now you know in case you need it again.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.