latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Import not changing membership levels

Home Forums Community Forum Import not changing membership levels

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Aug 27th, 2012 at 6:15 am #23151
Roger Rueff
Username: scene13

I am experiencing a small problem with the s2M import… the import procedure does not seem to honor/implement changes in membership level.

To test, I exported the member list as CSV, then deleted all lines in the file except one member whose membership level I wanted to change. I changed the level and saved the file, retaining the member ID in the file, then imported the file.

After the import, the member level did not change. Other imported fields do change appropriately according to the specs in the imported file — for example, custom capabilities and Auto EOT. But the membership level seems to be a bit stubborn and refuses to change.

This is not a stopper for me, but very curious. A bug? A feature? Something I’m doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Eduan. Reason: Moved to the customer support forums

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Aug 28th, 2012 at 6:56 am #23252

Hi Roger.

Could you post here the row you imported (x’ing out the email address) please? Thanks! :)

Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 10:18 am #24325
Roger Rueff
Username: scene13

Hello Cristián,

I discovered what the problem was with the import.

To test the import procedure, I used a CSV file edited in Microsoft Excel. When I specified the user ID in the “ID” field, Excel accepted the input as a number (by default), not as text.

If I reformat the “ID” field as text (rather than as a number), the import works, and the s2Member user level changes upon import.

Best,
Roger

Posted: Friday Sep 7th, 2012 at 5:11 am #24482

That’s great! Thanks for the update. I’m glad you figured it out. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.