latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Import Users – Excel removing quotations

Home Forums Community Forum Import Users – Excel removing quotations

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Mar 18th, 2013 at 1:16 pm #45064
Sean Mullins
Username: seanm83

Hi

I’ve exported the user template with no problems.

I add a few more entries and then go to save the excel document. When I press save I get a prompt stating:

“This workbook contains features that will not work or may be removed if you save it in the future selected format. Do you want to continue.”

Once I do this and then open up the .csv file in text editor the ” ” quotations are removed. So I am unable to import the file.

I work on a mac but borrowed my colleauges PC just in case it was something to do with being on a mac version of excel but I encountered the same problem.

I did try reading through the forums but didn’t have much luck.

If you can help me resolve this problem that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Sean

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Mar 19th, 2013 at 9:10 am #45166

Hi Sean.

I’m guessing there’s a setting in Excel to leave the values quoted, but I’m not familiar with it to know where. I use OpenOffice’s Calc and don’t have that problem with the quotes, you could try using this instead.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 19th, 2013 at 10:08 am #45167
Sean Mullins

Hi Cristian

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I’ve downloaded that. What do you open the file with exactly and if you are able to let me know on any settings that would be really appreciated and helpful.

I really want to get this to work.

I want to be able to add everyone’s details in one go and import.

Thanks for the help.

Sean

Posted: Tuesday Mar 19th, 2013 at 1:06 pm #45173
Sean Mullins

Hi

I finally got there with OpenOffice so thank you for recommending that.

As long as I had the tick options selected as in the screenshot below it was fine.

http://www.ncshampshire.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/csv-options.jpg

The only problem after that I encountered was if I left the ID column blank no quotation marks were in the CSV file so all I did was populate it with ID all the way down then opened the CSV in Text Editor and did a find and replace with nothing on ID.

Then the CSV imported with no problems.

I have to say it wasn’t as straightforward as I thought it would be and I would have definitely spent the time watching a video. I don’t know if there is one and sorry if I missed it but I think another member mentioned one.

Thanks again for your help.

Kind Regards

Sean

Posted: Thursday Mar 21st, 2013 at 3:04 am #45302

Thanks for the update. I’m glad you managed to do it. :)

A video? There’s this one, around minute 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P1yZuylLtc&list=PL769D5A5BEC7DB028

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.