latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

import/export of users and custom fields

Home Forums Community Forum import/export of users and custom fields

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Carl Carvalho 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Dec 4th, 2012 at 6:30 am #33423

I need to follow-up on this thread: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/member-custom-field-exportimport/#post-32048

Is this saying that I can’t export my users and keep the columns together in the export? I’m having problems viewing the data when I export because some of the custom fields that are empty for certain users don’t stay in the same columns in the exported csv file. With over 1000 users this creates problems.

I’m supposed to create a system for a secretary by which she EXPORTS all the user info from those custom fields on the website and IMPORTS them into the company’s database, thereby keeping their internal database up to date with the latest user updates/information.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Dec 4th, 2012 at 6:24 pm #33487
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Wayne,

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble. The user Import/Export feature is not quite as functional as we’d like, and unfortunately this problem may arise.

I will send this ticket to our lead developer to see if this can be fixed in a future version of s2Member. In the meantime you will need to manually update this information. If you’re experienced with PHP, you may want to run a script that may update the custom fields that you have set up with an empty value in the meantime.

Sorry for the inconvinience.

Posted: Tuesday Dec 18th, 2012 at 1:30 pm #34956
Jacob Hicks
Username: NAOCS

Wayne,
Do you still need help with this issue? I had the same problem and coded a hack solution to export all the fields into a standard CSV with header rows (Like S2Member should have configured it) Maybe I can help you fix it. Let me know

-Jacob

Posted: Wednesday Dec 19th, 2012 at 8:53 am #35035

Thanks for your response Jacob. Turns out it’s something with my Chrome installation. I can download the export just fine from Firefox and Chrome browsers on other computers. I even tried reinstalling Chrome.

My solution is that I just won’t use Chrome to download the export on this computer. Can’t think of anything else.

Thanks again for offering to help.

Posted: Saturday Dec 29th, 2012 at 6:55 pm #35763

I am having the same issue with custom profile fields not exporting properly: headers and columns don’t line up, headers are next to data.

Jacob, I am interested in the hack solution you came up with.

Thanks.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.