latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Importing existing MySQL database

Home Forums Community Forum Importing existing MySQL database

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jun 17th, 2013 at 6:04 pm #52049
Mary Vogt
Username: flashlass

Hi, I have a member MySQL database with many fields and it’s taking my programmer forever to get it to the “import” stage… is this normal? I would assume that if you create the same fields in S2Member the import would go fairly smoothly.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jun 18th, 2013 at 6:49 am #52089

So you’re importing with a database tool?

If you have the new WordPress running, you can export s2Member’s options and the WordPress users from the old one, and import them into the new one using these tools: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export[/hilite]

Those tools don’t migrate WordPress, though.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 18th, 2013 at 8:41 pm #52164
Mary Vogt

Hi, Cristian, the problem is that the database is not a WordPress user database, it’s a MySql database that was used within a php program.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 19th, 2013 at 7:34 am #52206

Ah, I see. So you’re migrating from another software. Knowledge Base » How to Migrate to s2Member Pro from Other Software

You’d just have to create the profile fields you need the user profile to have, create the CSV file with the users, and use s2Member’s import tool.

[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields[/hilite]
Knowledge Base » Import (or Mass Update) Users

For the CSV file, it’s good to create a user manually from the dashboard, with all the custom profile fields having a value, and export with s2Member so you get the right CSV format. Then add rows for the users and import. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› User/Member Exportation[/hilite]

I recommend that you use OpenOffice Calc to edit the CSV file.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 19th, 2013 at 10:37 am #52215
Mary Vogt

Thank you, Cristian. I really appreciate it.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 19th, 2013 at 11:11 am #52216
Mary Vogt

Cristian, if I have trouble doing this, do you provide a paid service where someone can help me get it imported? Thanks.

Posted: Thursday Jun 20th, 2013 at 2:28 am #52269

We don’t offer that service, but you can post the job in a freelancers site like jobs.wordpress.net, odesk.com or elance.com.

I know one s2Member user that hired a developer for some customizations, that did a good job and she’s recommending him. This is his site if you want to try him: http://krumch.com/tag/s2member/

Posted: Thursday Jun 20th, 2013 at 4:58 pm #52301
Mary Vogt

Thanks, Cristian!

Posted: Friday Jun 21st, 2013 at 5:47 am #52315

Glad to help. :)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.