latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Inactive Sign-up

Home Forums Community Forum Inactive Sign-up

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Feb 6th, 2013 at 3:01 pm #40922

Hello,

We had a subscription yesterday that went through to paypal just fine. We had the site notify us correctly, and everything looked good. We looked him up in our users dashboard and he was listed as “Inactive” which for us is a level 0. The customer had signed up for a level 1.

I’ve looked at the paypal ipn log and everything looked like it went through ok. Any idea why he might have been bumped to a level 0?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Feb 7th, 2013 at 5:47 pm #41082
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

I’ve looked at the paypal ipn log and everything looked like it went through ok. Any idea why he might have been bumped to a level 0?

Could you please post the Shortcode that the Customer used for this transaction? Also, could you please check in PayPal to ensure that the payment went through properly?

Also, please send us the log files that were created for this transaction via our Private Contact Form:

s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Thursday Feb 7th, 2013 at 9:14 pm #41146

Here is the shortcode for the Monthly Membership Form

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="1" ccaps="" desc="$9.99 recurring charge every 30 days" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="insidemusicmedia.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="9.99" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]

The payment was accepted in Paypal just fine. We viewed his account onsite, and he did not have a Subscriber ID from paypal listed, and had been moved to Inactive (which is S2member level 0).

I’ve also sent the snippet from the ipn log through the contact form.

Thanks for your help with this.

Posted: Saturday Feb 9th, 2013 at 4:45 pm #41270
Bruce
Staff Member

Details received. Thank you!

Posted: Monday Feb 11th, 2013 at 6:21 pm #41437
Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your patience.

Based on your logs, it appears that your custom attribute is incorrect. This is likely the issue. Please fix this issue and let us know if problems persist. :-)

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained)

Posted: Wednesday Feb 20th, 2013 at 2:27 pm #42604

Bruce,
Thank you for your response. I looked over the “Shortcode Attributes (explained)” page and according to the custom attribute given in the description, I have exactly what is needed. My custom attribute is simple “insidemusicmedia.com”. Should it be something else?

The weird thing is that this only happens every so often. Most of the time is works fine! What else could be a reason for this happening? Any common issues out there that result in something like this?

Appreciate your help

Posted: Wednesday Feb 20th, 2013 at 7:40 pm #42619
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up.

Based on your logs, there is a Shortcode somewhere in your installation without a custom attribute. There are occurences of 'custom' => '', as well as 'custom' => 'insidemusicmedia.com'. Could you please check all of your Shortcodes’ custom attributes?

Thank-you.

Posted: Wednesday Feb 20th, 2013 at 8:12 pm #42620

AH,
thank you! I will give them all a once over to make sure that they are filled out correctly.

Thanks!

Posted: Wednesday Feb 20th, 2013 at 9:30 pm #42625

So from the looks of it, all of my sign up form shortcodes and upgrade form shortcodes have the correct custom attribute set to “insidemusicemedia.com”.

So if it works sometimes, and is left out other times, what could be causing that? That is confusing since the shortcodes are the same and havn’t been chnaged.

Posted: Thursday Feb 21st, 2013 at 7:52 am #42704

Cheryl, I tried loading insidemusicemedia.com and it redirected to http://www.insidemusicemedia.com (which didn’t load). It’s important to be consistent with the use of the www subdomain. Please read this article: Knowledge Base » Don't Mix www, — and Without!

Posted: Wednesday Feb 27th, 2013 at 7:54 pm #43358

Well, our site is http://www.insidemusicmedia.com. In your post of above you were typing http://www.insidemusicemedia.com. with an e after music.

So are you saying all the forms custom attributes be “www.insidemusicmedia.com” instead of “insidemusicmedia.com”?

According to the guide in the dashboard on that page it says it should be set to “insidemusicmedia.com” with no www.

Is that correct?

Posted: Thursday Feb 28th, 2013 at 7:26 am #43394

Well, our site is http://www.insidemusicmedia.com. In your post of above you were typing http://www.insidemusicemedia.com. with an e after music.

Sorry about that. I got confused by the one you posted in the reply before mine. http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/inctive-sign-up/#post-42625

So are you saying all the forms custom attributes be “www.insidemusicmedia.com” instead of “insidemusicmedia.com”?

Just saying that the [hilite mono]custom[/hilite] attribute must match what the site is using. When I load your site, it doesn’t use the www, so the [hilite mono]custom[/hilite] attribute is fine without it.

According to the guide in the dashboard on that page it says it should be set to “insidemusicmedia.com” with no www.

Is that correct?

Yeah, without the www is correct in your site.

Okay, so back to your opening post:

We had a subscription yesterday that went through to paypal just fine. We had the site notify us correctly, and everything looked good. We looked him up in our users dashboard and he was listed as “Inactive” which for us is a level 0. The customer had signed up for a level 1.

Right, the log entry looks fine to me too. I looked him up in the Users list too and is listed at Level 1, but I imagine you may have edited his account to upgrade manually it from Level 0.

I don’t know why he wasn’t registered at Level 1 as you say. I’m more inclined to think that he was registered at Level 1 and then soon demoted to Level 0 for some reason, but I couldn’t login to your FTP to take a look at the other logs to see what I could find.

Has this happened with other users? Could you find something in common between them?

Posted: Thursday Feb 28th, 2013 at 8:22 pm #43441

It doesn’t happen often, but it does happen on rare occasion. I havn’t seen a pattern between those that this has happened. I suppose from now on if it happens again, then I will track everything to see if I can find some anomolies.
Thanks for your help!

Posted: Saturday Mar 2nd, 2013 at 7:00 am #43587

No problem. :)

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.