latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Individual client access only

Home Forums Community Forum Individual client access only

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Rev Michelle 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Feb 24th, 2013 at 10:50 am #43108
tle25
Username: tle25

I would like to provide clients a private journal where we could communicate in a secure way. Only client and company communication. Can s2Member do this?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Feb 24th, 2013 at 5:22 pm #43131
Randy King
Username: RandyKing

Tle25 –

The brief and bold answer is “yes”. Not fully understanding what you intend to do, I am imagining a scenario where you have installed a communication/blogging/bulletin board software like BuddyPress (http://buddypress.org/), then you protect the blog pages using a specific s2Member “level”.

Alternately, you could assign one level to be the secure platform for your communication area then add in “custom capabilities” on a per-client basis.

s2Member gives you the flexibility to protect pages based on both LEVEL and CUSTOM CAPABILITIES; consequently, each such page could have the communication platform meant specifically for one client.

Randy

Posted: Monday Jul 8th, 2013 at 11:37 am #53120
Rev Michelle
Username: mybinc

Hello there

I am interested in doing something similar. I offer Christian intimacy coaching for those who want a better intimate relationship.

I am re-launching my site on word press and would like to put up various assignments for individual clients and have them keep a journal/diary of what their results were. I want each to have their own private area, with their own login.

Randy King posted “yes” this was do-able.

Questions:

1. Under the video section for S2Member, could you tell me which video (s) I would watch to be able to make this work? Or are there any steps on this website that I could follow?

2. Does the “custom capabilities” ensure that one client will not see the other clients entries?

Any assistance you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Right now my only other option is to create a mini website for each client and password protect it. That will get to be time consuming as well as expensive.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.