latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Initial email link doesn't work properly…

Home Forums Community Forum Initial email link doesn't work properly…

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 11:49 am #49592
Justin House
Username: jhouse

Hi,

After the user successfully pays with PayPal, the link they receive (in their email) sends them to domain.com/create/ (which is blank) even though I have BuddyPress installed, and thought it would go to domain.com/register/

I see domain.com/tracking/create has registration fields, but would prefer if they went with the BP register form. I thought I did this before, but it’s not working now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday May 10th, 2013 at 1:09 am #49663
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

Are you using PayPal Buttons or Pro Forms? If you’re using Buttons the link in the emails should always direct the User to http://yoursite.com/wp-login.php?action=register.

Posted: Friday May 10th, 2013 at 2:52 am #49672

Justin, could you try these? Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Posted: Saturday May 11th, 2013 at 2:04 pm #49751
Justin House

Hi Bruce,

Are you using PayPal Buttons or Pro Forms? If you’re using Buttons the link in the emails should always direct the User to http://yoursite.com/wp-login.php?action=register.

I’m using PayPal buttons, but for some reason it’s not redirecting people to the link you mentioned. How do I change the url so it does?

Thanks.

Posted: Monday May 13th, 2013 at 11:53 pm #49903

BuddyPress changes this and the default registration page is not used anymore.

I don’t know why your BP is not behaving normally, though, that’s why I suggested the troubleshooting tips. Have you tried them?

Posted: Thursday May 16th, 2013 at 9:03 pm #50091
Justin House

Hi Cristián,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I just tried deactivating all my plugins (except for s2 and BB), then tried changing the theme, but nothing worked. As mentioned, I had this working fine before, but then I sadly switched to ProSites and Membership, thinking it would meet my needs more. I quickly learned s2 is far more powerful and user-friendly though, so I came back with a quickness, but having issues since I have. Haha. I even removed the PS and M tables from the db, thinking there could be a conflict, but no dice. I may just reinstall everything, including WP, if I can’t get this working properly.

Thanks again for the help.

Posted: Thursday May 16th, 2013 at 11:57 pm #50092

Hello,
Sorry if I’m posting this question in the wrong place. But I am having customer’s who purchase links to access posts/pages and some, not all, are continually experiencing expired links. We reset the links and a few days go by and they say the links are expired again. We have given links that that accessible for 6 weeks. Most of my customers don’t have this problems but there are a few that do. We’ve told them to limit their devices from where they are accessing the links as it causes to expire but many say their are only using one computer. If a customer have 6 weeks to access a link and only using one computer or devise, what else could cause their link to expire so much. This is for a class that I conduct and is frustration to reset their links all the time. Please help!

Thanks!

Warrioress

Posted: Friday May 17th, 2013 at 12:02 am #50093
Justin House

Hi WaRrioReSs,

Yes, you may want to create a new post about this issue as it’s not immediately related to this problem. Will probably be easier to get help, too.

Peace.

Posted: Friday May 17th, 2013 at 12:02 am #50094

Correction, we give links that are accessible for 2 months. sorry.

Posted: Monday May 20th, 2013 at 11:15 am #50224
Justin House

Okay, I have re-installed and configured WordPress, plugins, s2Member, etc., however, it still doesn’t work. The link keeps directing people to domain.com/create/, thus not http://domain.com/wp-login.php?action=register like it should as I’m running BuddyPress, too.

I started a Blog Farm, but haven’t bought the respective support license yet, but definitely will…not sure if that’s the problem or not.

Anyways, could really use some help here, this is one of the last objectives before going live.

Thanks.

Posted: Sunday May 26th, 2013 at 5:39 pm #50670

WaRrioReSs said:
But I am having customer’s who purchase links to access posts/pages and some, not all, are continually experiencing expired links. We reset the links and a few days go by and they say the links are expired again. We have given links that that accessible for 6 weeks. Most of my customers don’t have this problems but there are a few that do.

You could try using another URL shortening service. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› URL Shortening Service[/hilite]

Justin House said:
Okay, I have re-installed and configured WordPress, plugins, s2Member, etc., however, it still doesn’t work. The link keeps directing people to domain.com/create/, thus not http://domain.com/wp-login.php?action=register like it should as I’m running BuddyPress, too.

I started a Blog Farm, but haven’t bought the respective support license yet, but definitely will…not sure if that’s the problem or not.

The license is not causing you this. Have you tried a clean installation and had the same problem? Did you try with just WP, default theme, and s2Member without BuddyPress even? Get that right and then add the plugins one by one, checking after each if the problem returns, please.

Posted: Tuesday May 28th, 2013 at 4:24 pm #50764
Justin House

Hi Cristián,

Yes, I tried a clean install of WP, s2Member, and BP, but no dice. I didn’t, however, only try WP and s2.

In any case, I got it to work; I took the simple route and created a page called “create” and put it here: domain.com/tracking/create/ as that’s where the link wanted to go in the first place (wouldn’t redirect to register). Now it works fine.

Anyways, thanks for the continued help.

Posted: Wednesday May 29th, 2013 at 4:26 am #50802

Oh that’s great! I’m glad you sorted it out. Thanks for the update. :)

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.