latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Install help!

Home Forums Community Forum Install help!

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jul 29th, 2012 at 8:41 am #20605
Dean Coak
Username: deano123

I have been trying to install the wordpress plug-in and after having to remove it a couple of times, install ‘increase memory limit’ and ‘quick cache’ I now seem to get s2member to install but as soon as I click on ‘pages’ to insert the first 2 recommended pages I get this message:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 10747904) (tried to allocate 384 bytes) in /homepages/38/d136564366/htdocs/dcaccounting/wp-content/plugins/quick-cache/includes/classes/admin-notices.inc.php on line 21

I also get similar messages when I click on other areas of my admin.

I’m going to have to delete s2member again now to ‘get back to normal’ so any help would be gratefully received.

Regards

Dean

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Jul 29th, 2012 at 9:37 am #20608
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Dean,

I suggest you try the s2m-server-check.php file, simply upload it to your WordPress folder and open the URL with a browser.

It should tell you the necessary amount of memory you need, and what you have. Also, in what server are you being hosted? Just for future reference.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Jul 29th, 2012 at 10:04 am #20610
Dean Coak

Hi Eduan

Thanks for your reply. I have run that file and this is the response I get back…

Congratulations, you have PHP v5.4.4 installed!

Your server IS fully compatible with s2Member® Pro.

— Good to go! ( visit s2Member.com )

Does that make sense to you? Also, my hosting is with 1and1 – does that help?

Regards

Dean

Posted: Sunday Jul 29th, 2012 at 11:59 am #20614
Dean Coak

Ok, so it appears I have now got s2member installed but when it is installed everything else in my admin panel doesn’t seem to work. When I de-activate s2member my functionality comes back to life?

Regards

Dean

Posted: Sunday Jul 29th, 2012 at 12:42 pm #20616
Dean Coak

I’ve changed themes a couple of times and thought it might be something to do with that but I get the same error:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 10485760) (tried to allocate 7168 bytes) in /homepages/38/d136564366/htdocs/dcaccounting/wp-includes/class-simplepie.php on line 14404

:(

Posted: Sunday Jul 29th, 2012 at 1:05 pm #20618
Dean Coak

atal error: Out of memory (allocated 10485760) (tried to allocate 7168 bytes) in /homepages/38/d136564366/htdocs/dcaccounting/wp-includes/class-simplepie.php on line 14404

Ok I realise the above error is due to an RSS sidebar widget.

Now when I click on either pages or posts within the admin area all I get is a white screen?

Regards

Dean

Posted: Sunday Jul 29th, 2012 at 3:47 pm #20626
Eduan

Hmm, I’m not sure what else to say, obviously your server is not really OK, since you have these problems, also, could you please do a plugins compatibility test? Just to get that out of the way.

You can do it by simply disabling all the plugins and then if the problem disappears then re-activate them one-by-one until the problem appears again, and then you have your culprit, this might be specially the case for the fact that the admin disappears when you have s2Member enabled.

Also, the last two errors you posted point to a file that’s not really s2Member’s or Quick Cache’s, it’s either a WordPress file (most probably) or another file.

Please tell me how it goes. :)

Posted: Monday Jul 30th, 2012 at 6:18 am #20657
Dean Coak

Hi Eduan

I have removed all of my plugins except for the following, which I believe are all ok anyway:

Change Memory Limit – this is at 96mb now.
Quick Cache
WP Show IDs

I have now noticed that I can access my ‘posts’ page but I now get this error when trying to access my ‘pages’ page:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 10747904) (tried to allocate 40 bytes) in /homepages/38/d136564366/htdocs/dcaccounting/wp-includes/meta.php on line 571

Kind regards

Dean

Posted: Monday Jul 30th, 2012 at 6:25 am #20659
Dean Coak

Ok so I removed quick cache at it appears to be working now ???

Although when I use some of my other plugins it all dies again??? Should I un-install them and reinstall them again on top of s2member?

Thanks for your help!

Regards

Dean

Posted: Monday Jul 30th, 2012 at 6:43 am #20661

Hi Dean.

It may not be a specific plugin causing the problem, but the number of plugins and the resources they use. Maybe your server doesn’t have a lot of RAM available for you? This may be a problem in some shared servers. Sometimes another site in the same server could be causing trouble for the rest.

Have you contacted 1and1 to ask them about this?

Posted: Monday Jul 30th, 2012 at 7:34 am #20669
Dean Coak

Hi Cristian

Yes this is what the problem was! I contacted 1and1 and have upgraded my package to the business package – reactivated all my plugins and everything appears to be fine. Now to fully test s2member!

Thanks Eduan and Cristian for your support :)

Regards

Dean

Posted: Monday Jul 30th, 2012 at 7:36 am #20670

That’s great! Thanks for the update. I’m glad you solved it. :)

Posted: Monday Jul 30th, 2012 at 11:25 am #20682
Eduan

Excellent! Glad you solved it Dean! :)

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.