latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Installing Pro

Home Forums Community Forum Installing Pro

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Apr 23rd, 2012 at 9:01 am #11593
maryr
Username: maryr

I purchased the Pro package of s2Members May 2011. I used it for one client. I have another client that needs these features. May I assume that the pro package license allows me to use this “s2member-pro.zip” for other customers? I have downloaded the framework and tried installing using the .zip file, but each time I try, it says the install fails. Any ideas? Thanks!
Mary

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Apr 23rd, 2012 at 10:50 am #11599
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello there,
actually, each client needs their own s2Member account. Excerpt from the terms and conditions page:

Please note… if you’re a developer, your clients will need to purchase their own Single-Site and/or Unlimited-Site License. We will not support s2Member® Product instances on domains that you do NOT own and operate yourself. We invite all developers to join our affiliate program, and refer their clients to s2Member.com, where your clients may purchase an s2Member® Product of their own. This also gives your clients access to future releases.

Also, if you bought a single-site license, it won’t work for different websites.

Hope this clears some things up. :)

Posted: Monday Apr 23rd, 2012 at 12:33 pm #11608
maryr
Username: maryr

Thanks for your reply. I’m still a little foggy . Should i just be buying individual site licenses for any site that needs this feature? Unlimited site license refers only to my personal sites? Or does it pertain to the sites I build for clients?

Thanks for clarification.
Mary

Posted: Monday Apr 23rd, 2012 at 12:53 pm #11610
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Mary,
each of your clients that have a website with s2Member, will need their own license.

Your unlimited site license is only for personal websites, only for websites that you are the owner of in other words.

In other words, each different owner needs his own license.

Hope this clears something up. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.