latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Integrate BuddyPress Profile Field

Home Forums Community Forum Integrate BuddyPress Profile Field

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Robert Funge 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Aug 4th, 2012 at 5:25 am #21152
Robert Funge
Username: godrob

Hi guys,

I’m using the PayPal Pro Forms and the S2Member custom profile fields on my Buddypress site. All this works fine. However,I have a Birthday plugin which relies on a regular BudddyPress profile field. Ideally then, I would like to be able to integrate the ‘My Birthday’ BuddyPress field into the S2Member PayPal Pro Form so that this field can be completed during registration, rather than the member having to go to the ‘edit profile’ screen where ALL profile fields (S2 and Buddypress) are displayed.

How can I achieve this please?

Many thanks
Rob

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Aug 6th, 2012 at 3:33 am #21203
Robert Funge

Can anybody help me with this please?

Thanks
Rob.

Posted: Monday Aug 6th, 2012 at 11:45 am #21233
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Robert,

You may be able to do this modifying the pro-form template. Check this FAQ for more info:
Pre Sale FAQs » Is it possible to modify s2Member® Pro Form templates?

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Monday Aug 6th, 2012 at 5:10 pm #21276
Robert Funge

Thanks Eduan, but I am already familiar with the pro forms template. I was hoping somebody could help me with the code needed to add an xprofile buddypress field into the the S2Member form?

Rob

Posted: Tuesday Aug 7th, 2012 at 7:16 am #21349

Hi Robert.

s2Member can integrate its custom profile fields with BuddyPress, not not the other way around, i.e. BuddyPress profile field into an s2Member pro-form. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields -> BuddyPress[/hilite]

For the BP field to show in the pro-form, you’d have to hack the pro-form’s code.

Posted: Thursday Aug 9th, 2012 at 5:26 am #21609

Robert – did you get anywhere with this? The fact that the S2Member custom fields aren’t searchable is pretty much a deal breaker for me so I need a way of sending the x-profile BP fields with the pro form.

Posted: Friday Aug 10th, 2012 at 5:28 am #21682

Laurie, this may help with the custom field search: http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15658&p=48878#p48878

Posted: Friday Aug 10th, 2012 at 5:40 am #21685
Robert Funge

Hi Laurie, No – I’m afraid not. It is big deal for me too, as ultimately the Plugins everyone uses work with WordPress/BuddyPress. Yet very few support S2Members profile fields.

I took the rather drastic action of asking a programmer a while back to code-in the S2Member profile field data of the most poplular plugins that I use.

As for adding profile fields to S2Members PayPal Pro Forms – I am no nearer I’m afraid. I’ve sent an email to the programmer I’ve used before asking for help, but as yet haven’t had a reply…

Surely there must be a better way people?

Rob.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.