latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Integrate GetResponse via API/Notifications

Home Forums Community Forum Integrate GetResponse via API/Notifications

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Dec 22nd, 2012 at 3:52 pm #35358

Hello,

I have a Free membership site (open registration / level 0) but members can also upgrade to a Premium account (level 1).

This is how I want to integrate GetResponse email marketing:

When a user signs up for a Free account they are put on the ‘Free Members List’, then once they upgrade to a premium membership I add them to the ‘Premium Members List’.

Using the GetResponse automation feature I can automatically remove users from my ‘Free Members List’ once I add them to ‘Premium Members List’ to keep things nice and tidy.

I thought I could complete this quite easily through the API/Notification section, but I’ve hit a road block.

When a user signs up for a Free membership they will only trigger the Registration Notification. That’s great, because I can add the to the ‘Free Membership List’ at that point.

And then when they upgrade to a Premium membership I trigger a Sign Up Notification which removes them from ‘Free Members List’ and adds them to the ‘Premium Members List’. All good up to this point.

Here is the problem:

If someone comes to my premium membership landing page, and signs up for a premium membership WITHOUT first signing up for a free membership the notifications get launched in this order Signup > Payment > Registration.

So they will get added to my ‘Premium Members List’ once they get to the Sign Up notification part (all good), BUT then the Registration notification will launch and they’ll also be added to the ‘Free Members List’ (not good).

They will be on both lists, free and premium.

How do I stop this from happen? Is there another way to configure this? Is there a way to block that second signup?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Dec 23rd, 2012 at 3:36 am #35416
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Benjamin,

I’m not sure if GetResponse’s API will handle this, but s2Member allows you to pass the amount charged to the user (%%regular%%). Perhaps you could check to see if this amount is set, and add the user to a different group based on this amount?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.