latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Integrate New Register with Buy Now

Home Forums Community Forum Integrate New Register with Buy Now

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Pam 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Apr 10th, 2013 at 11:52 am #47095
Pam
Username: pdblizzard

Using Pro Forms: I am trying to simplify the process for a customer to register (free) and “Buy Now” a custom capability. I’m having trouble understanding how to integrate the two together with shortcodes.

Ideally, this would only happen on one pages, either a “Register and Buy”.
Can I use the Pro Forms to have them do a quick new registration (login name, email address, password) and then upon the “submit registration” form, be taken immediately to PayPal for their single custom capability? All with just shortcodes? (I’ve done this in the past for a recurring membership, different site, but the custom capability isn’t working for me.)

Thanks!

Edit to add: I have attempted this with level=0 and it doesn’t work. It works if I make it level=1 but I would prefer reserve this for later possible membership programs.

Edited to add: At this point, I’m just looking for a YES or NO answer. Can I have a single registration form that allows me to have a “subscriber 0” level with custom capabilities.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Apr 11th, 2013 at 1:18 am #47150
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Edited to add: At this point, I’m just looking for a YES or NO answer. Can I have a single registration form that allows me to have a “subscriber 0″ level with custom capabilities.

Yes. You can change your level attribute in a regular Membership Level form with Custom Capabilities set up to 0, and it will work just fine. :-)

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Membership Level # Forms
See Also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained) -› level

Posted: Thursday Apr 11th, 2013 at 9:05 am #47186
Pam

I did that, to the best of my ability with out examples to go from. I put together this code:

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="0" ccaps="myil" desc="Meeting Your IL" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="mydomain.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="0.01" rp="1" rt="L" rr="BN" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" success='http://mydomain.com/meeting-your-il/download-meeting-your-il' /]

When the page displays, this error message is at the top of the form:

You must login before making this purchase.

Which conflicts with the fact that I’m displaying a “register” form below, so I can combine registration and one time payment into one step. What am I doing wrong in the shortcode? Thanks!

Posted: Thursday Apr 11th, 2013 at 2:11 pm #47218
Bruce
Staff Member

When the page displays, this error message is at the top of the form:

You must login before making this purchase.

This isn’t something that s2Member is supposed to throw. Are you using any Shortcode Conditionals on this page?

Posted: Thursday Apr 11th, 2013 at 3:53 pm #47222
Pam

No, not a thing. Just the short code. Here’s an example:

http://barbaracarrellas.com/example-page-for-s2member-support/

Posted: Friday Apr 12th, 2013 at 6:24 pm #47339
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the information.

s2Member should only ever throw this error when the level attribute of your shortcode is set to *. Can you please ensure that this isn’t the case, and if it isn’t, send us a Dashboard/FTP login here:

s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Friday Apr 12th, 2013 at 8:12 pm #47357
Pam

Done :-)

Posted: Monday Apr 15th, 2013 at 3:42 pm #47513
Bruce
Staff Member

Details Received. Thank you. :-)

~ I’m taking a look now.
Posted: Monday Apr 15th, 2013 at 3:44 pm #47514
Bruce
Staff Member

I found a Page on your setup that contained this shortcode:

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="*" ccaps="myil" desc="Meeting Your Inner Lover" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="barbaracarrellas.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="0.01" rp="1" rt="L" rr="BN" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" success='http://barbaracarrellas.com/meeting-your-inner-lover-test/download-meeting-your-inner-lover-test' /]

I’m assuming this is the one you’re using, right? This form has the following in it:

level="*"

That’s what causing this. You need to change this to a valid membership level, otherwise it’ll throw the error you’re getting.

Posted: Monday Apr 15th, 2013 at 4:38 pm #47519
Pam

Hi Bruce, thank you for your help.
The page is this: http://barbaracarrellas.com/example-page-for-s2member-support/

And the code is set to level=”0″ as I gave in the example above.
The resulting error message is:

Invalid form configuration. Missing "level" attribute. Membership Level. Must be numeric [1-4], or an asterisk (*).
Posted: Monday Apr 15th, 2013 at 7:44 pm #47547
Bruce
Staff Member

I’m sorry, I gave you some wrong information in my previous reply on accident.

Membership Level # Forms that require a User to pay for membership require a User to pay for s2Member Level 1 or greater.

You need to have your Users register at level 1 when they sign up this way. If you’re only using Custom Capabilities to restrict access to your content, it shouldn’t matter either way.

Posted: Monday Apr 15th, 2013 at 8:07 pm #47555
Pam

Good to know. Thanks.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.