latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Integrating iDevAffiliate and S2Member

Home Forums Community Forum Integrating iDevAffiliate and S2Member

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jun 2nd, 2012 at 4:41 pm #15257
Sara Young
Username: iaa2011

Hi Jason – Just checking in on my old post to see where on your todo list my request was or if it has already been addressed since my original post on the old form (http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2669)

I’ve copied it below for easy reference:

——————
From Sara on January 11th, 2012, 11:30 pm

We’ve run into an issue with iDevAffiliate and S2Member where since we are in Texas, we have to charge Texas residents sales tax on their online purchases. In our old shopping cart, the sales tax was excluded from the comissionable amount. For example, if $100 product with 8.5% sales tax and 50% affiliate commission, the affiliate payment would be $50 since the subtotal is $100 but the total amount charged to the purchaser is actually $108.50. What’s happening currently in the S2 member / idev setup is the total amount is being passed instead of a subtotal amount to idev so it is generating an commission of $54.25 incorrectly instead of $50. I tried asking iDev and below is their response:

“That’s actually going to be a question for the S2 guys. The integration is setup on there end. They just need to change the variable being used to send the sale amount to iDevAffiliate to a sub-total amount instead of the grand total.”

Is there a switch we can can flip in the S2 setup so it will send the sub-total amount instead of the grand total?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Sara
—–

From Jason on January 14th, 2012, 10:40 pm

@hokkaido. Thanks for the follow-up.
What payment gateway are you using please? PayPal Pro or Authorize.Net?
—–

From Sara on January 14th, 2012, 11:06 pm

Both PayPal Website Payments Pro and Authorize.net
—–

From Jason on January 16th, 2012, 8:17 am

Thank you. I’m investigating possible solutions to this now.
—–

From Sara on January 16th, 2012, 1:17 pm

Thanks Jason. Appreciate the help. With taxes becoming a bigger issue online I suspect more people will run into this issue that have affiliate programs.
—–

From Jason on January 19th, 2012, 11:07 am

Thanks for the follow-up, and for your patience.
Unfortunately, there is no quick-fix for this. I am however, placing this on our TODO list, so that Replacement Codes for net amounts and those which include tax calculations can be obtained via s2Member’s tracking and API Notifications. This feature will come in a future release of s2Member.

—————–

Thanks for letting me know the latest on this issue.

Sara

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jun 4th, 2012 at 7:17 am #15343
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Sara,

I’m sending Jason a message so he can update you on this. Thank you for your patience.

Posted: Thursday Jun 7th, 2012 at 3:44 pm #15829
Staff Member

Hi there. Thanks for the heads up on this request for support.

@Sara Young

This TODO item was moved over into the development cycle for the next major release of s2Member. Since it requires some fundamental changes in the way s2Member communicates with payment gateways (i.e. in order to keep a standard and remain accurate), we’re addressing this in the next generation of s2Member, which is scheduled for a beta release this summer. It’s been in development for quite awhile now, and we’re hoping to release it into the wild as soon as possible.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.