latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Integration questions

Home Forums Community Forum Integration questions

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Dec 19th, 2012 at 11:04 am #35072
Toyas
Username: Toyas

I have a custom WordPress website. I will go with either s2member of aMember pro. Please provide answers to following questions:

– How we can integrate custom login/register pages? Any examples you can provide?
– How does s2member updates works?
– Can we change s2member code to faciliate our own needs?
– My developer is building paysite from the scratch using WordPress, can existing pages be easily integrated with s2member?
– Will they work as they are now and s2member will just control them?
– How about using WordPress database for seamless integration? Does s2member use their own database and if so what then with WordPress database?
– Can we have SSO – Single Sign On – one username and password (chosen by user) for membership area, blog and forum?
– besides CCBill do you plan to integrate other payment processors (such as Zombaio, Epoch, Verotel), if so, could you give us an estimate when we can see it?

Many thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Dec 20th, 2012 at 7:53 am #35136

Hi Toyas.

– How we can integrate custom login/register pages? Any examples you can provide?

You can use the free registration pro-form for registration, and the login widget via PHP for login.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Pro Login Widget (via PHP)[/hilite]

– How does s2member updates works?

There’s the s2Member frameword and then the pro add-on. The framework is a normal WP plugin that you can install/update with the regular dashboard interface. The add-on needs to be installed via FTP, but then can be updated from the dashboard from a box that lets you enter the login credentials for s2member.com, so that your WP installation can download the update from this site; or you can update it via FTP.
s2Member® » Framework » Install/Upgrade Instructions
s2Member® » Pro » Install/Upgrade Instructions

– Can we change s2member code to faciliate our own needs?

Yes. Either using the available WP hooks in s2Member, or editing the files themselves. The code is not obfuscated to prevent you from doing it.

– My developer is building paysite from the scratch using WordPress, can existing pages be easily integrated with s2member?

Yes. s2Member works with WordPress’ content, it lets you manage access to the content, not the content itself, WordPress remains in charge of that just as you have it now. In s2Member you have different types of restriction you can use to control access to the content. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options[/hilite]

– Will they work as they are now and s2member will just control them?

Yes, but control them is probably not the best word. They’ll be controlled by WP, s2Member will let you control access to it.

– How about using WordPress database for seamless integration? Does s2member use their own database and if so what then with WordPress database?

s2Member uses WP’s database structure. In the future this will change towards having our own tables and use WP’s as little as possible. At first we thought it the best idea to use what WP has, but it has resulted in too many limitations and complications, which we will resolve with our own new tables where appropriate, but not interfering with the existing ones.

– Can we have SSO – Single Sign On – one username and password (chosen by user) for membership area, blog and forum?

Sure. Authentication is still handled by WP. s2Member relies on the WP session. If you start this session with a SSO service, that’s fine too.

– besides CCBill do you plan to integrate other payment processors (such as Zombaio, Epoch, Verotel), if so, could you give us an estimate when we can see it?

I’m not familiar with those payment gateways, but I can tell you that we plan to release a new, more powerful API for these, so new integrations will become possible easier and faster with it and whatever we don’t release officialy, will be possible with less trouble by the site owner, his developer or another plugin developer. There isn’t a date for this yet.

Many thanks!

You’re welcome! I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Dec 21st, 2012 at 3:35 pm #35273

I’ve searched and searched and I can’t find how to code the PHP for the login widget to integrate it into my pages.

My goal: Enter a ‘widget’ area in the middle of any of the pages or posts where I want to prompt a free user to login to their account to access additional info.

What I’ve tried: I pulled this code

<?php echo s2member_pro_login_widget(); ?> 

and entered it in the ‘text’ (html) portion first, clicked publish/update. The code just shows up as is in the post/page. What do I need to enter inside of that code to get it to show the login options???

Please note that I am just tech savvy enough to be dangerous so be detailed for me so I don’t break my site!! (it’s very annoying to reload the whole damn thing!)

Many thanks in advance and wishing you and yours a truly Blessed Christmas season!!
Liz

oh, the site I’m working with is http://elitebusinessevolution.com

Posted: Saturday Dec 22nd, 2012 at 8:49 am #35312
Toyas

Hi Cristián,

Thank you for your detailed answers, there are very helpful. I am more and more convinced I will use s2member Pro and CCBill. Two more questions:

– Can you please confirm that CCBill payment processor is supported with current version of s2member Pro?
– Please explain how does CCBill integration work with s2member pro.

Many thanks!

Posted: Sunday Dec 23rd, 2012 at 12:51 am #35397
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

– Can you please confirm that CCBill payment processor is supported with current version of s2member Pro?

Yes, CCBill is available with s2Member Pro. You will need activate it under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Other Gateways once you install s2Member Pro.

Find a full list of payment gateways s2Member supports: Pre Sale FAQs » What payment gateways does s2Member® support?

Please explain how does CCBill integration work with s2member pro.

CCBill integration is very similar to all of the other integrations available with s2Member. One thing to note, however, is that CCBill is only able to deal with Buttons, and you will not be able to use Pro Forms with CCBill.

You’ll need to fill out s2Member required fields within Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options, and set up CCBill Datalink as well as IPN and Approval/Denial URLs. You can then use Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Buttons -› Membership Level # Buttons just as you’d use PayPal Buttons in s2Member Framework (free).

Posted: Sunday Dec 30th, 2012 at 9:15 am #35792
Toyas

Thanks for replies, guys.

I think everyone will benefit when you will support Verotel integration, it’s one of the most popular ones besides CCBill for high risk payment processing, especially in Europe. With Verotel integration you will have great advantage over aMemberPro.

Similar question was rised before http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/verotel-and-s2member/ and Cristián said:

We are working on an improved gateway integration that will make it easier to add new ones in the future.

Well then, I will subscribe to the notification list eagerly awaiting new release :) Is there a place on your website where I can subscribe to updates via email?

In the not so distant future if we would like to add different high risk payment processor (like Verotel) we would like to stick with your software because of its WP integration. Anyhow my webdeveloper is testing it and we are almost certain to go with s2member.

Happy New Year!

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  Toyas.
Posted: Tuesday Jan 1st, 2013 at 5:19 am #35873

Thank you Toyas, happy New Year to you too. :)

Posted: Tuesday Jan 1st, 2013 at 5:31 am #35874

Liz Carbonaro said:

and entered it in the ‘text’ (html) portion first, clicked publish/update. The code just shows up as is in the post/page. What do I need to enter inside of that code to get it to show the login options???

After entereing PHP code in the text tab you need to make sure you never open the HTML tag again, or it’ll corrupt the code.

If that wasn’t the reason, then could you make sure you have s2Member Pro active in your installation? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› s2Member® Pro Info[/hilite]

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.