latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Invalid form configuration. Invalid “ta, tp,

Home Forums Community Forum Invalid form configuration. Invalid “ta, tp,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jan 3rd, 2013 at 8:47 am #36102

Rather than doing my regular work, I thought I’d try to resolve a forms issue with s2Member.

Using s2Member > PayPal Pro Forms > s2Member® Pro / PayPal® Pro Forms

I created a basic “sign up for ten bucks and then pay ten bucks again each next month,” form.

The page loads with the form and in a pink box and the yellow triangle alert bang /!\ that says this:

Invalid form configuration. Invalid “ta, tp, tt” attributes. Trial Period. When provided, these cannot be exactly the same as your “ra, rp, rt” attributes.

1. It’s NOT a trial period. Nowhere on the s2Member form creator page did I select “trial period,” and nowhere in the shortcode (below) does it say “trial period.”

2. I didn’t set any acronyms (ta, tp, tt, ra, rp, rt) — the form did.

3. I didn’t “provide” anything, with any acronyms, nor set them to be the same as any other acronyms.

4. The message is not a message. How in the hell would I know what those acronyms mean when i see that message in our page?

When I selected $ 10 for the first month and then $ 10 for each next month the page was happy with my choices an allowed me to push the button to create the shortcode.

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="1" ccaps="" desc="1 Month @ $10.00 / then $10.00 USD / Monthly ( recurring charge, for ongoing access )" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="urlurlurlurl.com" ta="10.00" tp="1" tt="M" ra="10.00" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" /]

And on a side issue, I don’t want to say that the all the forms never match a site design or that all the forms are ugly and horrible because they expand the form fields to fit full width in the page (WTF?), or because of a lack of structure (and lack structure customization), with label, field, label, field, label, field stacked up like it’s 1993…

…but they’re ugly and horrible because they expand the form fields to fit full width in the page (WTF?), and because of a lack of structure (and lack structure customization), with label, field, label, field, label, field stacked up like it’s 1993.

Other than using CSS to change font’s from 1942, to match the rest of the site’s crazy/out of control, san serif fonts–is there anyway to modify the structure of the forms (and this would be ALL forms on the site: Update billing, etc.)? … you know, add a field, put two labels in a row and then two fields in a row below them?

Design tip: Let each of our theme’s CSS dictate what the labels for s2Member forms and fields will look like. Don’t enforce (inflict) three foot long, 32 word classes on the forms that cause any other font or size, or color to be on the forms. Then we don’t need to loose time in Inspector form by form (they’re not even using the same classes on all forms for the same labels), and then even more time in our child themes correcting the enforced/inflicted “design.”

Butt, I digress. Back to our above “Trial Period, ta, tp, tt, ra, rp, rt, wtf” fiasco.

Should I just use my level 2 shortcode and change some values?

Chris
s2Member Pro Beta Tester

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jan 3rd, 2013 at 9:05 am #36107

I just compared the fully functional level two form shortcode to the non-functional level one shortcode (above).

I stacked each element up in Excel (the app I use to track member info for people who cancel but are still charged each month and call us about it), and everything is the same in the two shortcodes except for these items:

level=”1
level=”2

desc=”1 Month @ $10.00 / then $10.00 USD / Monthly ( recurring charge, for ongoing access )”
desc=”1 Month @ $25.00 / then $25 USD / Monthly ( recurring charge, for ongoing access )”

ta=”10.00″
ta=”25.00″

ra=”10.00
ra=”25

I noticed the shortcode created by the s2Member page did include “.00” for the level one $ 10.00 recurring amount, but the s2Member page did NOT include the “.00” for the level two $ 25 recurring amount. And that it did the same thing on the “ra” field. Could that be part of the problem?

Can I just past the level two shortcode into the level one page and change these values? or will things go further south on us?

Chris
s2Member Pro Beta Tester

Posted: Thursday Jan 3rd, 2013 at 9:22 am #36109

Okay, I tested and got the level one form to work–but I don’t know if it is only the display working — without the above error– or if the form will work or fail when somebody uses it.

I changed:

desc=”1 Month @ $10.00 / then $10.00 USD

to:

desc=”1 Month @ $10.00 / then $10 USD

…and I changed:

ra=”10.00

to:

ra=”10

Now the form displays without the pink error box–but I don’t know if I broke something else by changing the shortcode created by s2Member.

If this was really the issue, then s2Member needs to be updated so that the page which creates the shortcode will create the correct shortcode.

Chris
s2Member Pro Beta Tester
Paying license owner/volunteer

Posted: Thursday Jan 3rd, 2013 at 9:23 am #36110

After a couple of refreshing hours working on this I’ll get back to my regular work.

Posted: Saturday Jan 5th, 2013 at 7:03 am #36246

Hi Chris.

Invalid form configuration. Invalid “ta, tp, tt” attributes. Trial Period. When provided, these cannot be exactly the same as your “ra, rp, rt” attributes.

I’ve usually seen this error happen when the theme or another plugin affect the content filtering and corrupt the pro-form’s HTML. I’d test to find what is causing it, please follow the test suggestions in this article: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

…but they’re ugly and horrible because they expand the form fields to fit full width in the page (WTF?), and because of a lack of structure (and lack structure customization), with label, field, label, field, label, field stacked up like it’s 1993.

If the pro-form shows no formatting, then something’s affecting it’s JavaScript, either the theme or another plugin, again. The same tests mentioned above would apply here.

Can I just past the level two shortcode into the level one page and change these values? or will things go further south on us?

Yes, it’s fine to edit the shortcode manually. Here’s the reference for the attributes, so you can enter valid values: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained)[/hilite]

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.