latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

IP Restriction Breach Notification

Home Forums Community Forum IP Restriction Breach Notification

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 30th, 2013 at 9:51 pm #50973

Hey there,
Is there a tag or function name for when a user breach’s their IP limit for the system? I would like to build an email notifier in our system that will notify admin when someone’s account has been breached, but I don’t know what to listen for?

Any thoughts?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday May 31st, 2013 at 8:23 am #51036
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

You can run a PHP process when a User is blocked with s2Member’s IP restrictions with the action hook ws_plugin__s2member_during_ip_restrictions_ok_no.

See: Knowledge Base » Hacking s2Member® Via Hooks/Filters

Posted: Tuesday Jun 4th, 2013 at 4:00 pm #51346

Thanks so much for your response, I’ll give it a try!
Would I be able to pull user info about the account that has been tripped using this hook? Like Name and Email?

Posted: Tuesday Jun 4th, 2013 at 5:42 pm #51358
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Would I be able to pull user info about the account that has been tripped using this hook? Like Name and Email?

s2Member gives you all of the variables it has at this point. These IP Restrictions also work for Specific Post/Page Access Restrictions, so there is not always a Username within these variables, but if there is you can grab it from the $restriction variable.

Here is an example of how you would use these variables:

Knowledge Base » Hacking s2Member® Via Hooks/Filters

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.