latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

IPN paypal failed

Home Forums Community Forum IPN paypal failed

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Apr 2nd, 2013 at 5:01 pm #46414
Jay Verlaine
Username: Jay

Hi

for one week, I’ve a Warning from Paypal about IPN. It seems that some informations cannot pass between Paypal and S2member, like Automatic EOT Time, and Paid Subscription Gateway. I’ve read a lot on the Net, but didn’t found something relevant for me. I tested my server with the tool provided here and everything is fine. Configuration of Paypal and S2member are the same, for exemple, Paypal API Username, Password, signature, IPN URL, Auto return URL. I never changed these parameters who always worked fine until now.

I tried contacted Paypal, and they said that the communication was ok between the server and Paypal, but that they become a blank HTTP answer and that’s probably a bug in the script.

paypal-api.log says :
——– Output string/vars: ( Tue Apr 2, 2013 7:39:09 pm UTC ) ——–

array (
‘__error’ => ‘Error. Please contact Support for assistance.’,
)

paypal-ipn.log says :
array (
‘s2member_log’ =>
array (
0 => ‘Unable to verify $_POST vars. This is most likely related to an invalid configuration of s2Member, or a problem with server compatibility.’,
1 => ‘If you’re absolutely SURE that your configuration is valid, you may want to run some tests on your server, just to be sure $_POST variables are populated, and that your server is able to connect/communicate with your Payment Gateway over an HTTPS connection.’,
2 => ‘s2Member uses the `WP_Http` class for remote connections; which will try to use `cURL` first, and then fall back on the `FOPEN` method when `cURL` is not available. On a Windows® server, you may have to disable your `cURL` extension; and instead, set `allow_url_fopen = yes` in your php.ini file. The `cURL` extension (usually) does NOT support SSL connections on a Windows® server.’,
3 => ‘Please see this thread: `http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/ideal-server-configuration-for-s2member/` for details regarding the ideal server configuration for s2Member.’,
4 => ‘array (
‘s2member_paypal_notify’ => ‘1’,
)’,
),
)

paypal-rtn.log : everything seems ok

Thanks in advance for your help.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Apr 4th, 2013 at 10:21 pm #46653
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Could you please run these common trouble shooting tips?:
Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Do them all, but especially the server check one. :)

– Eduan

Posted: Friday Apr 5th, 2013 at 1:50 pm #46720
Jay Verlaine

Hi Eduan,

and thank you for your answer. I already tested the server and everything was ok and I didn’t make any change to my blog (no plugin update, no new plugin, no theme update…). Meanwhile I read other people who had the same problem as me, saying that some ports of their site were closed due to an attack. This was among the others, the port 443.

I contacted my provider about this and they took contact with Paypal. Paypal said that my server was blacklisted by AT&T. My provider took then contact with AT&T and these ones said that there were no blacklist on servers of my provider.

My provider said that the origin of my problem is probably at Paypal… This is crazy…

Posted: Saturday Apr 6th, 2013 at 1:08 pm #46770
Eduan

Indeed. I’m afraid I can’t provide any help with this, but at least you know what the problem is. :)

Posted: Friday Apr 12th, 2013 at 3:08 am #47268
Jay Verlaine

Hi Eduan

thanks for your answer. I become crazy. Paypal doesn’t answer to my requests. I’m thinking to move to google checkout, using s2member pro but I’m still note 100% sure that the problem strictly comes from Paypal and there is not a problem in s2member too.

My question is : is it possible to try for free for a few days s2member pro to check if my problem is resolved using this plugin and google checkout ?

Thanks for your answer.

Posted: Sunday Apr 14th, 2013 at 7:52 pm #47465
Eduan

Hello Jay,

I’m afraid s2Member doesn’t have a trial period.

And here’s it’s refund policy: s2Member® » Terms » Refund Policy

– Eduan

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.