latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

IPN Return pages (CCBILL)

Home Forums Community Forum IPN Return pages (CCBILL)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Feb 20th, 2012 at 12:19 pm #5699

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Feb 20th, 2012 at 12:36 pm #5702

I just did the latest upgrade and tried again. Now both pages forward to my homepage instead. CCBill reps are continuously getting ‘200 responses’ when they test it.

Posted: Monday Feb 20th, 2012 at 9:43 pm #5782
Staff Member

Hi there. Thanks for your inquiry.

… show up as blank., white pages. For instance:
http://bellabellucci.com/?s2member_pro_ccbill_notify=0
http://bellabellucci.com/?s2member_pro_ccbill_notify=1

Yes, that would be the expected behavior. These are handlers, not display pages. Communication between these URLs and ccBill takes place silently behind-the-scene, so there’s nothing to display. If you’d like to see what’s going on the behind-the-scene, you can enable s2Member’s logging routines for ccBill. Please check your Dashboard under: s2Member -> ccBill Options -> Account Details.

Posted: Wednesday Feb 22nd, 2012 at 12:15 pm #5958

Ok, that part’s cool. But why is CCBIll getting ‘200’ errors and why aren’t members being upgraded? I’m so frustrated!

Posted: Friday Feb 24th, 2012 at 12:29 am #6232
Staff Member

Hi Bella. Yes, that would confuse me as well. Generally speaking, a `200` status code indicates success. In fact, the status of `200` is what ccBill should expect to see upon contacting a valid IPN handler. Who is it, and why, do you think, this was reported to you as an error?

See also: http://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP/HTRESP.html

Posted: Monday Feb 27th, 2012 at 1:35 pm #6518

The rep never fully explained what a ‘200’ was, so I guess we just have to figure out why IPN isn’t updating membership statuses after purchase.

Posted: Monday Feb 27th, 2012 at 10:44 pm #6631
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up.

Yea, this is where logging can be of assistance. If you enabled logging as I mentioned earlier, then you can submit your log file for review, and we’ll be happy to have a look for you. Please use our Private Contact Form to submit any log entries: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 4:00 pm #6799

Ok, I’m sending it now. And also I verified with my hosting provider that cURL was active on my account. Thanks again.

Posted: Friday Mar 2nd, 2012 at 6:21 am #7045
Staff Member

Thank you. Details recieved.

I just finished reviewing your log files, and I find the following issues.

1. Your ccBill DataLink logs by s2Member, indicate that your ccBill DataLink connection is not using a valid Username/Password, or that your server’s IP address has not yet been allowed by ccBill. I’m seeing this error repeated in your DataLink logs by s2Member.

Error: Authentication failed.  02

2. Your ccBill IPN logs do not indicate any communication with ccBill at all. All that I see in there right now are tests initiated directly from a browser, but these do not include any data posted by ccBill. This leads to me wonder if ccBill is fully configured with your Backgroud Post URL (i.e. your s2Member IPN handler)?

Your ccBill account should be configured with your s2Member Background Post URL, which looks like this:

http://bellabellucci.com/?s2member_pro_ccbill_notify=1
Posted: Saturday Mar 3rd, 2012 at 9:01 pm #7200

Thanks. I finally got it working. It turns out there was a conflict with the Bad Behavior plugin. I appreciate the help though.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 6th, 2012 at 1:20 am #7385
Staff Member

Excellent. I’m glad to hear you got this sorted. Thanks for your patience.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.