latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

IPN warning after changing site URL

Home Forums Community Forum IPN warning after changing site URL

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  David Wang 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Sep 25th, 2012 at 11:44 pm #26509
David Wang
Username: clickwp

Hi guys, I had my membership site on an old URL – members.example.com. I signed up about 10 people on this old site with PayPal recurring payments.

Now I’ve moved the site to example.com and I’ve been receiving these warnings from PayPal

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

http://members.example.com/?s2member_paypal_notify=1

I tried doing this in htaccess but it didn’t work:

Redirect /?s2member_paypal_notify=1 http://example.com/?s2member_paypal_notify=1

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

By the way, what software does this forum use? Is it bbPress?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Sep 26th, 2012 at 7:59 am #26550

Hi David.

I tried doing this in htaccess but it didn’t work:

Maybe the POST vars are lost in the redirection. You can try the central IPN script that Jason provided to help in cases like this, which is in the s2Member® Pro Extras zip. http://www.s2member.com/account/}

I hope it helps. :)

By the way, what software does this forum use? Is it bbPress?

Yeah, a heavily customized one.

Posted: Wednesday Sep 26th, 2012 at 9:17 am #26564
David Wang

Thanks Cristian. But what happens if I add a shopping cart to my site and want PayPal IPN to be sent to that instead? Is there a way to change it from within PayPal?

And does the script require WordPress? Or can I just have the script work independently?

Posted: Wednesday Sep 26th, 2012 at 9:40 am #26566
David Wang

I have another question. Sorry, this is making me confused :(

The customers who signed up on members.example.com are still sending IPNs to members.example.com/?s2member_paypal_notify=1

Ideally I want to make them send the IPNs to example.com/?s2member_paypal_notify=1, not the old site. Is there any way to do this?

Posted: Thursday Sep 27th, 2012 at 6:29 am #26663

Ideally I want to make them send the IPNs to example.com/?s2member_paypal_notify=1, not the old site. Is there any way to do this?

If you have a way to update the IPN URL in their subscriptions, that’d be best. If you can’t, then you have two choices: make them start a new subscription that’ll have the new URL, or use the IPN script where their subscriptions point to, i.e. members.example.com/?s2member_paypal_notify=1.

But what happens if I add a shopping cart to my site and want PayPal IPN to be sent to that instead? Is there a way to change it from within PayPal?

You can use the cart’s IPN URL in your PayPal account, s2Member sets the IPN URL on each transaction overriding the default one in your account (except if you’re using PayPal Pro). Read the documentation here, please: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® IPN Integration -> More Information[/hilite]

And does the script require WordPress? Or can I just have the script work independently?

If I’m not mistaken, it’s a stand-alone script, doesn’t require WP.

Posted: Thursday Sep 27th, 2012 at 8:25 am #26689
David Wang

Hi Cristian, thanks that’s very helpful and answers most of the questions I have.

If you know of a way to update the IPN URL of my member’s subscriptions that would be great, otherwise I’ll need to get them to re-subscribe. Cheers

Posted: Thursday Sep 27th, 2012 at 10:47 pm #26783

I’m glad it helped. :)

I don’t know how to update the IPN URLs in the subscriptions. I’d ask Authorize.Net’s support about it, if there’s a way to do it, they’d know.

Posted: Thursday Sep 27th, 2012 at 10:57 pm #26785
David Wang

Thanks Cristian, appreciate all your help. Please close this ticket.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.