latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Is it hard to transfer hosts?

Home Forums Community Forum Is it hard to transfer hosts?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Mar 28th, 2013 at 1:16 pm #45986

I have had it with my current host (GoDaddy).

I want to change to another host but I am worried there will be a lot of work moving all my members over. I have about 300 paying members through S2Member Pro right now.

Is there a step by step guide to transfer to a new host? I have seen the WordPress Codex but my concern would be how S2member works during a host transfer.

Thank you,

• This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by  Eduan. Reason: Moved to the customer forum

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Mar 30th, 2013 at 2:46 pm #46155
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

In my experience, moving your site over is not hard at all, as long as you are not changing your domain. Just moving your SQL database, and your files via FTP gets you most of the way there. You will need to edit your wp-config.php file, and then check to make sure that your site is running correctly still. I would recommend checking the official WordPress Forums for more info.

See: http://wordpress.org/support

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.