latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Is this feature available?

Home Forums Community Forum Is this feature available?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 9:23 am #39404

I want to show my portfolio to my clients. Before that I want to collect their email addresses through registration. But I don’t want them neither to see the portfolio more than once nor they can download them. So I’m looking for below possible options

Once the user registers, he should be able to see the portfolio and his login details should automatically expire after certain time. So that he can’t login to the website 2nd time? or

Can we create something in one time offer page which will shown to user only once. But here I don’t just want to add a single page. I want to add multiple posts/a single category with all the posts.?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jan 25th, 2013 at 3:02 pm #39538
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank-you for your inquiry.

s2Member currently does not support this feature. I’ll put this in as a request for a future version of s2Member.

In the mean time, you can demote users through custom code to accomplish this. You might use the S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_REGISTRATION_TIME constant to only allow a user access to a custom capability for a limited amount of time.

Then, you can protect your pages/posts/categories with that custom capability/level.

See: Knowledge Base » Changing Roles/Capabilities via PHP
See Also: Knowledge Base » Hacking s2Member® Via Hooks/Filters

Posted: Monday Jan 28th, 2013 at 12:19 am #39754

Can you explain me in details about what you are talking?

Posted: Tuesday Jan 29th, 2013 at 8:33 pm #39949
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Can you explain me in details about what you are talking?

s2Member currently does not support restricting access for a number of times that a user has logged in. Instead, you will need to either use s2Member’s time-based membership shortcode attributes to restrict access to membership, or use custom code to achieve what you need.

If you’d like to use s2Member’s Pro Forms to do this, you can set up Free/Paid Registration Pro Forms for membership for a certain amount of time that users can sign up with. You can then either delete the user when this time has ended, or demote them back down to s2Member Level 0.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Membership Level # Forms
See Also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior

Alternatively, if you’d only like the user to sign in once, you might user s2Member’s One-Time Offers to send the user to a page with code that will demote/delete them on their second login.

Find info on One Time Offers: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› One-Time Offers (Upon Login)
See Also: Knowledge Base » Changing Roles/Capabilities via PHP

Does that make sense?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.