latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Is this functionality available?

Home Forums Community Forum Is this functionality available?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Lee Wallis 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jan 15th, 2013 at 8:09 pm #37687
Lee Wallis
Username: lithium

Hi guys,

First of all, this system looks awesome. Great work!

s2member is the closest we’ve found to what we need, but I just need to make sure it can do something which is quite important for us.

In a nutshell, our site will be one big video course.

It will have 7 chapters (categories), and within each chapter there will be roughly 20 video lessons (pages).

We need our customers to be able to pick and choose which videos and/or chapters they want access to.

They will pay a one lifetime fee per video or chapter (no subscription/membership) and they will always have access to the videos/chapters they have paid for.

For example,

• Customer A (simple) may buy the complete course (All chapters 1-7).
  • Customer B (moderate) may buy the complete chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. Therefore he won’t have access to the remaining chapter 7.
  • Customer C (complex) may buy 6 video lessons from chapter 1, and 3 video lessons from chapter 4, and then buy the complete chapters 5 and 6. Therefore he won’t have access to the remaining 14 video lessons in chapter 1, or the remaining 17 video lessons in chapter 4, or the complete chapters 2, 3 and 7.

Customers like B and C who decide to buy a few lessons/chapters first need to be able to buy more lessons/chapters as and when they feel like it.

The reason our course needs to be like this is because some of our customers will already have some knowledge on the subject, and therefore it wont be in their interest to purchase the complete course, or specific “beginner” chapters.

I hope this makes sense, please let me know if you need any more clarification.. and thanks so much for your help!

Speak soon

Lee

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jan 17th, 2013 at 2:04 am #37850
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank-you for your great question.

s2Member is fully capable of handling this functionality with Custom Capabilities. If you already have the s2Member Framework installed, you should be able to find additional info at Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Custom Capabilities.

The way you use these Custom Capabilities depends on the way you’d like to package your videos, and how your videos are being displayed. You can sell as little or as many Custom Capabilities as you’d like with s2Member’s Pro Forms.

Understanding Custom Capabilities
Using These Capabilities
Posted: Thursday Jan 17th, 2013 at 5:22 am #37869
Lee Wallis
Username: lithium

Well, Bruce… in that case, s2member is absolutely awesome!

I really appreciate you taking the time to reply and with really useful information.

I’ll be sure to grab a copy of s2member pro!

Speak soon

Lee

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.