latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Is this possible with S2Member?

Home Forums Community Forum Is this possible with S2Member?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Mar 16th, 2013 at 5:05 pm #44942
Andy Fang
Username: andyfang
I want to create a powerful membership site for my site (SEOcom.net). SEOcom is an SEO software that performs various tasks such as analysis. Can I make it so that people will have to pay per use, or even better, pay for “credits” of somewhat and then use those credits to perform specific tasks on the site?
We’re also launching a forum created in mybb, so how do I make it so that users who register on SEOcom (the main site, not the forum!) automatically register at the forum as well. And, when users upgrade their account on SEOcom they will also upgrade their forum account?
Surely, this is all possible with S2Member? If not, I will kindly ask for a refund. :)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Mar 17th, 2013 at 11:29 am #44983
Randy King
Username: RandyKing

Ouch, Andy – you’re all-caps font is hard to read! That being said, you can easily do what you want. I use the “Custom Capabilities” feature to grant access to specific products and services, all on the same member level. And you can grant temporary access (say, 24 hours) to specific pages that would have the items you want customers to get access to, and they don’t even need a member level.

Randy

Posted: Tuesday Mar 19th, 2013 at 2:37 am #45149

Hi Andy.

Can I make it so that people will have to pay per use, or even better, pay for “credits” of somewhat and then use those credits to perform specific tasks on the site?

s2Member doesn’t have a uses counter for access. You could probably create a customization that counts each use, though, and removes access when it reaches a set limit.

We’re also launching a forum created in mybb, so how do I make it so that users who register on SEOcom (the main site, not the forum!) automatically register at the forum as well. And, when users upgrade their account on SEOcom they will also upgrade their forum account?

It sounds like MyBB is not being served by WordPress and is a separate script, right? In that case you’ll need to bridge them, so they share or sync the userbase. There may be a bridge already available, google it.

Synching the upgrades/demotions will also need to be part of the bridge you implement.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.