latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Issue with Renewal of Membership

Home Forums Community Forum Issue with Renewal of Membership

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Apr 16th, 2013 at 8:44 pm #47629

I implemented a membership renewal using s2member plugin by creating a paypal button for 1 year and I expected all members to be automatically demoted on EOT day and a notification email sent automatically to the member’s email. But some users already do the renewal for another 1 year before the EOT day, and some of them still getting the notification email and being demoted when reaching the old EOT day. I’m wondering if there’s any bugs related to the membership, as this issue doesn’t always happen. Any kind of help will be appreciated as I have tried to fix it without success. Sorry if this topic has been posted before…

Many thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Apr 19th, 2013 at 5:45 pm #47896
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello there,

I’m not sure I understand what the problem you’re experiencing is…

If I understood correctly you are experiencing trouble with EOT and users that re-buy the subscription before the EOT… Correct?

Like their EOT doesn’t get added correctly. Is that correct?

– Eduan

Posted: Sunday Apr 21st, 2013 at 7:51 pm #48067

Yes it’s correct.. For example, a registered user has his EOT on 22/04/2013.. On that day, an email will be sent to the user giving notification to re-buy the subscription for another year. But, this user has purchased the subscription before EOT (let say on 12/04/2013) and the payment notification email for the renewal subscription was received via email, and also in PayPal.. Then on 22/04/2013, he still received the email notification, also still being demoted..

Posted: Tuesday Apr 23rd, 2013 at 2:41 pm #48205
Eduan

I see… Yeah that’s messed up. It seems his EOT is not being added up…

Are these subscriptions or buy-now buttons?

– Eduan

Posted: Friday Apr 26th, 2013 at 1:29 am #48431

Hi Eduan, thanks for your replies :)

I used Buy Now button, the code is as below:

The button for starting the membership:

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="Membership " ps="paypal" lc="" cc="AUD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.domainname.com.au" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="77.00" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="BN" rrt="" rra="1" image="purchase.gif" output="button" /]

And this is the button for doing the renewal:

[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="Membership Renewal" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="AUD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.domainname.com.au" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="77.00" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="BN" rrt="" rra="1" image="renew-Fullmembership.gif" output="button" /]

Is it not a good idea to use Buy Now button instead of Subscription button? What is the different between these two? As the two of them are both One Time 1 year access (non-recurring), and I don’t need the trial option..

Thanks for your help! :)

Posted: Saturday Apr 27th, 2013 at 8:49 am #48567
Eduan

If you are using buy-now buttons then this is a real problem, otherwise this is not a problem. The EOT not being added up thing.

The difference between buy-now and subscriptions is how they work. A buy-now the user pays once and they get the access and his account etc. It’s as if you bought a software’s license, you pay for it once and you get it immediately and all that. The duration of their access depends on what you set in the button.

The subscription is, as it’s named, a subscription. The users subscribe to a payment, meaning they agree to continue to pay whatever the fee was several times, at the intervals you specify in the button. So they continue to pay you $5 every week for example. When the subscription ends, so does the access.

Personally I prefer buy-now buttons, but for things like blogs, articles etc. subscriptions are better.

So let me ask once again. You are 100% sure that the button your users are using is a buy-now button, correct?

– Eduan

Posted: Wednesday May 8th, 2013 at 4:59 am #49475

Hey Eduan,

Just looking at those shortcodes – rr=”BN” for both – meaning that these are buy now buttons yes?

While I don’t want to poach Contact Point’s thread – I am concerned that if a member renews early that this might happen….

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 10:30 am #49586
Eduan

Hello Ben,

Yes that signifies they are buy now buttons.

If a user renews early when they’re using buy now buttons the correct thing that should happen is that the access they just bought will be added to their current already bought membership. So it stacks up in other words.

– Eduan

Posted: Sunday May 12th, 2013 at 8:57 pm #49798

Following on from this issue – to simplify renewals – is it better to reuse the membership signup buttons (checking that the user is logged in first)??

Posted: Thursday May 16th, 2013 at 12:51 pm #50080
Eduan

It may be easier yes. You can make sure he’s logged in just by offering a renewal button only if he’s logged in.

One thing you can do is use content dripping in order to only show this button when the user’s access is about to run out, for example.
Knowledge Base » Introduction to Content Dripping in s2Member®

– Eduan

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.