latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Issue with the EOT

Home Forums Community Forum Issue with the EOT

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Apr 26th, 2013 at 3:01 am #48432

A user who was expired already since June ’12 re-joined yesterday, but the EOT shows at March 2014. I think the EOT should be extended from the date of the renewal but it’s not happening. What might be the issue?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Apr 26th, 2013 at 9:29 am #48482

Did the last purchase go without problems? Do you have logging enabled? What do the entries for this transaction say? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Log Files (Debug) -› s2Member® Log Viewer[/hilite]

Could you show me the shortcode you’re using to sell what he purchased?

Posted: Saturday Apr 27th, 2013 at 7:58 am #48557

Thank you very much for the response. Below is the shortcode I am using. I’ve checked the transaction log and didn’t find the name.

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="4" ccaps="" desc="$132 AUD / One Time ( for 1 year access, non-recurring )" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="AUD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.screeneditors.com.au" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="132" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="0" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" success="http://www.screeneditors.com.au/success-registration"/]

This issue in EOT is seen only in the case of two persons till now. What might be the issue?

Posted: Saturday Apr 27th, 2013 at 8:13 am #48561

Thanks for the info.

So you’re selling a subscription. I wanted to see the shortcode for that, because EOT for buy-now transactions is handled differently.

I see that it’s a non-recurring subscription, though. These are good if you plan to use the trial/initial term subscriptions allow, but you’re not using it in that shortcode. Maybe you’d prefer to sell them as buy-now transactions: rr=”BN” [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes -> rr[/hilite]

A user who was expired already since June ’12 re-joined yesterday, but the EOT shows at March 2014. I think the EOT should be extended from the date of the renewal but it’s not happening.

Okay, I’m re-reading your original post now, let me see if I understand correctly. You wanted his previous subscription to be extended from last year’s date when he paid his membership now. Is that correct?

Buy-now transaction can extend the time the user already has, you’ll find a setting for it here: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior -> Auto Extend[/hilite]

But even if it had been buy-now and you had that setting enabled, it applies to EOTs in the future, not past ones. If the user already expired and had been demoted and he now pays a new year, then the EOT will be set a year in the future.

If you want to make dynamic adjustments to this, it’s possible with some PHP in your shortcode. This article will help: Knowledge Base » Using Variables In A Shortcode

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.