latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Issues with BuddyPress when migrating WPMUDEV

Home Forums Community Forum Issues with BuddyPress when migrating WPMUDEV

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 11:36 am #44496

we are considering leaving WMPUDEV Membership to get S2Member but were not sure if this will create any issues with our existing profiles on BuddyPress. If you have any feedback or suggestions, we would appreciate it. We just want to avoid any major design issues by changing.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 15th, 2013 at 1:14 pm #44724

Hi Brian.

I don’t think it’d affect BuddyPress. The users are still WordPress users, s2Member doesn’t change this, so BuddyPress can work normally.

The only interaction between s2Member and BuddyPress regarding users would be the custom profile fields each adds. BuddyPress has its own, which don’t integrate with s2Member’s pro-forms; s2Member has its own that that can be integrated with BuddyPress to a certain extent. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields -> BuddyPress[/hilite]

I’d suggest that you create a test installation of wordpress, install BuddyPress and the plugins you have now, create a couple of users, then test out the migration to s2Member there. That way, any trouble that comes up will not affect your live site. And when you do work on the live one, remember to create good backups of everything so you can get it back up if anything goes wrong.

You don’t seem to need to migrate users, but just in case, here’s an article about that. Knowledge Base » How to Migrate to s2Member Pro from Other Software

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.