latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

javascript Head Includes – Move to Footer

Home Forums Community Forum javascript Head Includes – Move to Footer

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  David Webb 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jun 25th, 2012 at 1:57 pm #17394

I know this has been asked before, but can you make allowing javascript includes and jQuery to be moved to the footer a priority? I’ve made disabling all of the default jQuery and javascript loads in the head of a theme I’m developing (and moving them to the footer via dequeue/enqueue) a priority (for performance reasons and to keep my code clean), and s2member is the one plugin I haven’t been able to do anything about.

My goal is to deactivate all of the default css, rebuild from scratch (according to my own theme), and move all javascript to the footer. Obviously, things like password strength indicators and the like aren’t needed on every page of the site, so I’d prefer to only load the s2member-related stuff on pages of my choosing.

Thanks! Love the plugin.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jun 25th, 2012 at 4:09 pm #17403

If this is not possible, I’m afraid I’ll have to look at other plugins (sorry, just a requirement of the project). If this is the case, will you send me the proper link to use on the private contact page so that I can request a refund? Thx.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 1:39 am #17468
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi David,

Have you seen the following? Pre Sale FAQs » How can I prevent s2Member® Pro from loading it’s default CSS?

We’re currently working on a big overhaul to the s2Member plugin and the next version will see many improvements related to speed. Until then, we’re not expecting to make any big changes to the existing version of s2Member.

For refunds, please see s2Member® » Terms » Refund Policy.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 26th, 2012 at 4:25 am #17500

David, to load 2Member selectively depending on the page, you may want to try the Plugin Organizer plugin. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/plugin-organizer/

I’m not sure how the JS can be moved to the footer, but I’ll ask Jason if he has a simple hack for that.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 27th, 2012 at 3:04 pm #17682
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this request for support.

I can’t say that I would agree with moving s2Member’s JS into the footer. There are some valid reasons for, and advantages in, including JS files in the HEAD of a document. However, we are aware of performance gains associated with this; and we’re making an effort in the next generation of s2Member to accomplish this in areas where it’s possible to do so.

In the mean time, you can selectively load s2Member’s JS/CSS files if you like.

For CSS, please see: http://www.s2member.com/faqs/#s2-faqs-stop-loading-css

Here is another way to completely disable s2Member’s JS/CSS inclusion.

Create this directory and file:
/wp-content/mu-plugins/s2-hacks.php
( these are MUST USE plugins, see: http://codex.wordpress.org/Must_Use_Plugins )

http://www.kevinleary.net/faster-wordpress-move-javascript-files-footer/

Posted: Thursday Jun 28th, 2012 at 11:10 am #17764

I’m sorry, but I can’t add additional plugins to accomplish that (I have to keep this project pretty slim). Can I please be issued a refund?

Thx

Posted: Thursday Jun 28th, 2012 at 4:04 pm #17781

What plugin, David? Because the folder is called must-use plugins? It’s just a hack, as you can see it’s only 5 or so lines of code, not a full blown, heavy plugin that’ll slow the site down. On the contrary, it’s disabling things to speed it up so you can optimize your installation.

[hilite pre_code]
http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/is_page return; // End here, won't remove CSS/JS in those pages. remove_action('wp_print_styles', 'c_ws_plugin__s2member_css_js_themes::add_css'); remove_action('wp_print_scripts', 'c_ws_plugin__s2member_css_js_themes::add_js_w_globals'); [/hilite] I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Jun 28th, 2012 at 10:16 pm #17807

Ah – I get what you’re saying. However, due to the time constraints on my project (it’s flying), I had to go with a different direction already. Will you be willing to issue a refund?

Thx – sorry to be difficult.

Posted: Friday Jun 29th, 2012 at 2:13 am #17818

I see. Well, I hope your next project will benefit from s2Member then. :)

Here’s our refund policy: s2Member® » Terms » Refund Policy

Posted: Friday Jun 29th, 2012 at 12:45 pm #17869

I’m familiar with the refund policy – seems like my situation is open to interpretation and question is, will you issue the refund?

Posted: Saturday Jun 30th, 2012 at 6:58 am #17937
Staff Member

Hi there. Thanks for bringing this thread to my attention.

Regarding non-tangible, irrevocable, digital goods.

We will ONLY issue a refund if the Product fails to perform basic functions, as designed. And, you HAVE already worked with, and followed all advice presented by our support team, in an effort to resolve these issues.

@ David Webb
In what way has s2Member Pro failed to perform as advertised? So far you’ve described a change of plans on your end, not a failure in the product itself. If you can show us the product failed to perform as advertised, we’ll gladly issue a refund.
Posted: Saturday Jun 30th, 2012 at 12:22 pm #17967

Welp – sounds like I’m not getting my money back. Totally on me for not testing out the free version before I bought, which was unwise. I’ll be sure to steer my colleagues towards other developers in the future that have a more customer-focused refund policy (i.e., if I’m not happy, they’re happy to do what it takes to see that I am – easy way to create a customer for life).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.