latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Jquery Toggle For Long Form

Home Forums Community Forum Unofficial Extensions/Hacks Jquery Toggle For Long Form

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cage Rattle 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Aug 14th, 2012 at 7:06 pm #22034

Hi, this isnt a hack I have developed yet, although I suppose it will be soon if anyone can help haha. Essentially my problem is the login form for my site is VERY long, which can seem daunting to users. I have all the fields setup in S2, divided into sections, but the issue is that each “section” isn’t enclosed within a div or fieldsdet tag when generated by the shortcode. If it were I would be able to write some JS that would allow me to toggle the sections open or closed, or do some kind of page by page system, that would make the form seem less intimidating. However because I am unfamiliar with the plugin I cant seem to find where the code is that defines what HTML is spit out when you open or close a “section” in the form. All I need to do is have a section open a tag and then when a new section begins close the old and open a new one. Does anyone have any tips on how I could do this? Thanks a lot!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Aug 14th, 2012 at 9:03 pm #22047
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Cage,

Does using something like Firebug help you in order to find the source files?

Also, I have done this in the past with JavaScript… But I have now forgotten how I did it. lol

Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 12:49 pm #22127

Eduan, I dont think that using Firebug will help as the file is most likely a PHP file, so I can see the structure of the form that the plugin is creating a I dont know which files in the plugin folder are generating it.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 1:03 pm #22132
Eduan
Username: Eduan

I mean using Firebug to find the style that is being applied, then search for that style inside s2Member’s files.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 15th, 2012 at 1:10 pm #22133

I see, yes I will be using that method, I was just hoping someone here would be able to provide me with some direction is all :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.