latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Just another thread of pr-sale questions

Home Forums Community Forum Just another thread of pr-sale questions

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Dec 9th, 2012 at 2:46 pm #34064
Bear bb
Username: bearbb

Hello,

I would like to know how s2 handle some bot for guessing the password. Will it ban their ip?

How about member share their username and password? How can s2 track it?

Can it protect the download files from another server(that’s my server as well but located in another ISP)?

Can it protect the download files inside the post?

Does it work with ccbill?

Thanks a lot.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Dec 9th, 2012 at 9:38 pm #34094
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Bear,

I would like to know how s2 handle some bot for guessing the password. Will it ban their ip?

How about member share their username and password? How can s2 track it?

This behavior would be controlled by the settings under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Brute Force IP/Login Restrictions and Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Unique IP Access Restrictions. You can check and configure the behavior there. :)

Can it protect the download files from another server(that’s my server as well but located in another ISP)?

I believe this is only possible if you’re using Amazon web services…

Can it protect the download files inside the post?

Yes, check these tutorials by Jason on file downloads:
Video » s2Member® File Downloads (Complete Series)

Does it work with ccbill?

Yes the pro version of s2Member is integrated with ccBill.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Monday Dec 10th, 2012 at 12:18 am #34104
Bear bb

Thanks for the details reply.

Everything seems good. But I got some more problem regarding protect files from another ISP.

Let say my main site and member area is located at site1.com (server1) and the download files is located at site2.com (server2). How can I use S2 to protect the files at site2.com?

I got a lot of download files. I can’t put all of them in one server. So I must make sure S2 can handle my situation. Thanks.

Posted: Monday Dec 10th, 2012 at 1:32 am #34109
Bear bb

I just check out the video. I didn’t see any demo to protect the remote server files. So really need your suggestion of how to protect remote files.

I just got some more questions after I check out the video:

1. Will member know the real download location?
2. Does it support resume download?
3. If I use download key, does it support resume download?

Thanks.

Posted: Monday Dec 10th, 2012 at 1:39 am #34110
Bear bb

By the way, does S2 support ccbill check and phone? I just found this forum and a member said it didn’t.

http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14739

Posted: Monday Dec 10th, 2012 at 2:27 pm #34163
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Bear,

1. Will member know the real download location?
2. Does it support resume download?
3. If I use download key, does it support resume download?

No, the user will not know, or be able to access, the real download location.

s2Member does not support the ability to resume downloads, as the downloads are protected and that could lead to issues with security.

By the way, does S2 support ccbill check and phone? I just found this forum and a member said it didn’t.

No, s2Member does not support this. It’s something we’re hoping to get integrated in the next major release of s2Member. In the mean time you can handle these manually if you’d like, using the Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Registration Access Links.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.