latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

JW / CF Expiry

Home Forums Community Forum JW / CF Expiry

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jun 7th, 2012 at 2:42 pm #15820
bob mane
Username: bobmane

this: http://wpacademy.tv/secure-rtmp-streaming-video-wordpress-plugin-for-cloudfront-flowplayer-and-jwplayer

lets me set expiry in the shorcode

how can that be done with your :

Amazon® S3/CloudFront CDN Storage & Delivery
JW Player® & RTMP Protocol

also, where does the code “live”…if i wanted to access the streams to use in a json feed to a web based video app?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jun 8th, 2012 at 4:27 pm #15959

Hi Bob.

You mean the expiration time for the CF URL s2Member generates?

also, where does the code “live”…if i wanted to access the streams to use in a json feed to a web based video app?

You mean use the URL to the file in CF in another application? You can use the URLs with querystring or without it, as explained in [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options[/hilite], it doesn’t have to be a shortcode.

Posted: Friday Jun 8th, 2012 at 5:59 pm #15970
Staff Member

The expiration time for CloudFront URLs, defaults to 24 hours.
The only way to change this in s2Member, is to filter the value via WordPress.

Create this directory and file:
/wp-content/mu-plugins/s2-hacks.php
( these are MUST USE plugins, see: http://codex.wordpress.org/Must_Use_Plugins )

Posted: Friday Jun 8th, 2012 at 6:05 pm #15973
Staff Member

Sorry, I’m not sure what you mean by “live” in that context. Can you please elaborate just a bit further for me?

FYI: s2Member’s Shortcode for RTMP streams, can also produce a JSON object if you prefer. There is a code sample in your Dashboard, for JW Player, that uses a JSON approach.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Shortcode Attributes & API Functions
See also, API Function: s2member_file_download_url()

(click to enlarge this Dashhoard screenshot)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.